Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Ooh, another October 2018, please! There’s something about warm sunny days in October that is beautiful. Lots of fog and frost would be nice, too. Just not too much of grey skies and wind. Hopefully some thunder snow this winter  

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

My outlook which i may do monthly now considering i only have the first few weeks to go off

1 to 8

Showers towards the end of the week but remaining mostly dry and a warm temerature getting above 18 oc at times

9 to 16

Showers increase with further heavy rain but still around average temperature and just below average rainfall

17 to 24

atlantic pressure systems push some rain across se and ea after having done most of the rainfall over the rest of england temperature slowly decreasing

25 to 30

the atlantic systems carry on with large amounts of rainfall with low temperatues for most of the 5 days

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Beautiful 1st sept, calm and clear with a low of 5.5c, great start.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Pinch, punch and all that , first Day of Meteorological Autumn.

Long time, no Post but wanted to comment on the Summer that's just passed.

Yet another 3 Months have flown by, with virtually no thunder in my location of S.E. London.

Another Summer, with only a couple of rumbles heard by myself and my Wife, here in Lee.

It must be very frustrating for those Brontophiles, amongst our Region's Members.

As I still have Brontophobic tendencies, I feel as if I've dodged another Summer "bullet."

More proof, if it were still needed after the early August heatwave, that heat doesn't necessarily equate to Thunder.

The Azores High has been very strong in its homeland, and for the great majority of the Summer has sent a strong Ridge to its N.E. This has prevented Thundery plumes developing in the Biscay area and trundling N.E., across our Region. Instead any Thundery weather has been pushed further East, passed the Meridian and further North. Indeed I think I'm right in saying, that there's been more Thunder heard in the North of England/South of Scotland, than we've heard here, in S.E.England. Another Summer, with a complete lack of "French Imports."

The only occasion Pressure was allowed to build to East, resulted in the early August heatwave and although a Thundery breakdown was suggested, it didn't materialise for the reasons given above.

But I ought to end my Post on a note of hope for some of you Thunder freaks.

It would come as no surprise to me if we were to experience a number of Thunder Days, during this Autumn.

With Temperatures still relatively high and English Channel S.S.T's approaching their peak, any instability with cooler air aloft and a decent track of flow across the English Channel, could result in some very lively Thundery Showers affecting Southern Coastal Counties. This has happened during a few Autumns, with reports of damaging Tornadoes, Waterspouts, Hail and frequent Lightning/Thunder.

As a self professed Chionophile, I know how disappointing it is when your favourite Meteorological element fails to show, during its most preferred Season.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, thunderpants said:

Beautiful 1st sept, calm and clear with a low of 5.5c, great start.

Doesn't seem to make much difference, I still woke up hot. May be I'm going through the change or something.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Yes a beautiful clear cool morning in Surrey down to 5.5c overnight 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

After a fresh start temps have climbed here to 17.9c so far, with not much in the way of cloud or wind.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Interesting swirl of cloud I have just noticed off the Dutch coast...

swirl.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
23 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Interesting swirl of cloud I have just noticed off the Dutch coast...

swirl.png

Good spot Zac. Wonderful satellite image. Here's the Arpege wind and pressure charts for 16.00 today and it does show a small feature was expected in exactly that spot:

Wind Gusts: 1014098797_ArpegeGusts01Sept16_00.thumb.png.c96a0b7725e7daa254779c57f7b47f0a.png Pressure: 1215632560_ArpegePressure01Sept16_00.thumb.png.4072ec0a49ad7f6e7ae2663f106ba723.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

A rather pleasant start to the month here in Redhill, I’ve been out clearing up the garden & putting some of the larger summer chairs & table away. Moved around some pots that are still beaming with summer flowers, even our little garden frog jumped from nowhere then made a dash for under the shed. All in all a lovely afternoon spent in the garden. 

• Like 4

Posted

Almost a perfect day here with temps topping out at 20.5c and with mostly sunny skies. 

• Like 2

Posted

Only thunder heard here since April was on 16th and 28th August, and that just 5 rumbles in total.

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely day here in East Sussex, especially the morning. I had a lovely hour out in the garden first thing pruning bits and bobs.

Today's major event was a juvenile robin getting into the conservatory. Poor thing was obviously panicking, especially when I went in to open the doors to the garden fully, to give it the best chance of getting out quickly. It finally found its way out, after leaving several little messages for me to clear up. Quite why the silly creature decided to come into the conservatory is still up for debate.

Three distant rumbles of thunder here since mid-May.

• Like 8

Posted

Lovely day not quite blue skies but good enough, in sun very warm but I noticed a distinct chill as sun set it is that time of year now! 

323AE8EA-7D2D-4C86-A479-FBE8591C9C9C.thumb.jpeg.18df4c6f09f16757748c26e5ad702530.jpeg44F6E635-0645-43E4-80C4-EDE83C805552.thumb.jpeg.2fa836f70345de4d3e6de719ce5ac2a3.jpeg534B0B14-2F14-4234-97C6-1D08D975245A.thumb.jpeg.652fc861f753e630b3823cf546538086.jpegA4D806C1-B095-4176-9557-CC522F551CF5.thumb.jpeg.5d852744782bc9651074c6a6dd8cb8f0.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

I hope Malcolm doesn't mind this Post, which is light hearted and slightly irreverent but nevertheless Weather related, of sorts.

A couple of Years ago on Valentine's Day, I bought my Wife a soft, cuddly toy.

My Wife decided that the toy was Female, and named her appropriately.

image.thumb.png.14a8a40d9efce8a0236a9abfee435743.png

Imagine my surprise, when I read through the List of Atlantic Storms for 2020/21, named by the Met Office, Met Eireann and the Dutch Meteorological Office, that our little "Girl", claimed the first 2 Female spots on the List:

image.thumb.png.f04b32cba1eaeda71ac5947890173e8d.png

Darcy Bella will become temporarily famous, in the next couple of Months, for all the wrong reasons, when her "Storms", appear in the N.E. Atlantic.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 

• Like 5

Posted

Looks like a wet end to the day coming up going by the radar.

• Like 1

Posted

Wet and and very muggy here, temps reached 19.2c but now falling back as that front pushes through,currently 18.3c.

• Like 1

Posted

It's still dry here, but looks like the rain band might be getting heavier. Wonder if it'll be a Squall line by the time it gets here, or weaken again. 

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It's still dry here, but looks like the rain band might be getting heavier. Wonder if it'll be a Squall line by the time it gets here, or weaken again. 

Although it was a narrow band it took quite a while to clear, the rain was fairly heavy at times but not much wind, looks like it might be fizzling out at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted

Well it's poets day and it Still feels fairly humid, but at least it's dry here at the moment after yesterdays watering!!, current temp 17.0c and mostly cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted

The rain band that was supposed to bring drizzle to South of the m4 seems to be a lot further north, not that I'm complaining, it's been a lovely warm sunny day here, with a nice breeze. 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

The rain band that was supposed to bring drizzle to South of the m4 seems to be a lot further north, not that I'm complaining, it's been a lovely warm sunny day here, with a nice breeze. 

The satellite imagery from today says otherwise  bit drab today but not as gloomy as yesterday.

C452826E-9868-4848-9FDB-5295CACD0356.thumb.jpeg.79d6ab6087fc958118683df298aab586.jpeg

• Like 1