Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Storm Francis - Tuesday/Wednesday (25th & 26th August)

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit further up than South Wales.

Gusts on my handheld anemometer Into low 50mph’s. Some decent wave crashes for August..

Let's all give an 'F' for the guy in the bottom right, he was standing pointing his camera at the lighthouse for a good 5 mins waiting, and when nothing happened he put his camera in his pocket as he

Posted Images

Posted

I was camping in Snowdonia and meant to be there until Sunday but the tent flooded, spent 3hrs in the torrential rain trying to pack everything away. The absolute worst weather I've ever witnessed.

Torrential rain from 1am Tuesday morning. The wind picked up to what I thought was an absolute gale at about 8am before the wind picked up even further at about 1pm. There I am in the tent trying to stop the back end from caving in only to be flooded out. The other campers obviously realised and never said anything to me so there I am the only tent in the water lol. No hotels available and was going to sleep in the car and re-erect the tent tomorrow but the other half decided on the 4hr drive back home and possibly head back tomorrow.

I've just looked at the radar and it's still heavy rain in Snowdonia. Insane weather.

IMG_20200825_163854.jpg

IMG_20200825_221523.jpg

Edited by JamieUK
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

Here's some station readings:

1888806304_Annotation2020-08-25225302.thumb.png.444469d892f61d48cd1e2c92d2d5aa19.png

It's been windy here, but certainly not as bad as forecast for this location. Only a couple of gusts just made it above 40mph. The rest have been around 35mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Saw this on Facebook just now. 

A6914196-3BE3-491B-A759-6D4882D82BD8.jpeg

Did your journey look something like this earlier @Lance M?

Edited by matt111
    • Like 1
    Posted

Whelp, internet's going up and down, along with the power 😛 wind's really picked up, some good 30+mph gusts (some lasting well over 30secs long).  That combined with the rain is making it look like I'm in a drive through car wash 🤪

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

If only that was snowfall. Not so awful. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Storm Francis starting to make its presence felt here in Prague, whilst it’s sunny the wind is dramatically increasing and slamming windows shut

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
    15 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Gusts on my handheld anemometer Into low 50mph’s. Some decent wave crashes for August..

972392D4-6E0E-4659-A3BD-310F8993CE3D.jpeg

FFAF865A-DE57-4160-B32E-8E8413A535EB.jpeg

046BABD6-4A81-4B1E-A84D-614F81857161.jpeg

3D30ACDB-B03E-4CC2-B864-040346B5A4F3.jpeg

32B258DC-A116-4C43-997F-516769E6B832.jpeg

AAD595E7-5FF0-49B4-B088-C693EEA5C324.jpeg

93B4E910-E116-4A1E-B7EB-D70BE75A4FE7.jpeg

0ED10AEE-9C8D-424A-9049-4DB1295023D5.jpeg

Thanks https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/10435-storm-francis---amber-warning-with-gusts-over-70mph-and-flooding 

Posted
    10 hours ago, JamieUK said:

I was camping in Snowdonia and meant to be there until Sunday but the tent flooded, spent 3hrs in the torrential rain trying to pack everything away. The absolute worst weather I've ever witnessed.

Torrential rain from 1am Tuesday morning. The wind picked up to what I thought was an absolute gale at about 8am before the wind picked up even further at about 1pm. There I am in the tent trying to stop the back end from caving in only to be flooded out. The other campers obviously realised and never said anything to me so there I am the only tent in the water lol. No hotels available and was going to sleep in the car and re-erect the tent tomorrow but the other half decided on the 4hr drive back home and possibly head back tomorrow.

I've just looked at the radar and it's still heavy rain in Snowdonia. Insane weather.

IMG_20200825_163854.jpg

IMG_20200825_221523.jpg

Thanks Jamie, I've added pic in. Story 2 https://www.netweather.tv/ What a shame, reminds me of GUide camps in my youth, everyone being moved into a hut in the middle of the night

• Like 1
    Posted

Rainfall totals for 30 hours from MEt Office using env agency gauge data as well.

Rainfall amounts from Netweather on map including rain in SW Ireland earlier on Monday night but not Wednesday am

francisrainpicFB.jpg

stromfrancisrain.png

• Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Weather station in the garden got a max gust of 27mph and my handheld up a local large hill had 40mph on Tuesday.

We have had winds of that strength on normal windy days without warnings so we must be sheltered from Westerly winds I think.