Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

No storms for the south east discussion

Eagle Eye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

There might be no storms, or many this year but that hopefully means we are in for some belters soon. Roll on 2022 lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

not expecting one but we did have an amber thunderstorm warning in October last year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Xanderp009 said:

not expecting one but we did have an amber thunderstorm warning in October last year

In Dover around 2013,14 or 15 we had a storm along the coast, I'm sure it hit folkestone too, it just hugged the coast. Started about 2amish finished around midday the next day. That was in either October or November. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine

I guess it's a question of what a person's convective requirements are.  If it's 10 minutes of flashes and bangs or a funnel then you're looking at a 12 month season, just smile and sit tight.

If it's downbursts, large hail, shelf clouds, mammatus, and backbuilding that equal satisfaction then yes, we have been robbed.  

I only recall one French import which was on the morning of the 26th June, which I got myself right under.  Broad daylight, torrential rain, IC lightning going right over the top of me, inoffensive thunder.  I should have been in my element but it was quite boring.  I can't go too low in standard now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
14 hours ago, Chris Lea-Alex said:

I guess it's a question of what a person's convective requirements are.  If it's 10 minutes of flashes and bangs or a funnel then you're looking at a 12 month season, just smile and sit tight.

If it's downbursts, large hail, shelf clouds, mammatus, and backbuilding that equal satisfaction then yes, we have been robbed.  

I only recall one French import which was on the morning of the 26th June, which I got myself right under.  Broad daylight, torrential rain, IC lightning going right over the top of me, inoffensive thunder.  I should have been in my element but it was quite boring.  I can't go too low in standard now

The cloud bwfore the thunder and lightning did look quite menacing though i thought it was going to be one of those 1am stoorms

• Like 1