Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Do You Enjoy Winter As Much As You Used To?

Do You Enjoy Winter As Much As You Used To?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Enjoy Winter As Much These Days?

• I enjoy it more these days. It rocks!
    • I enjoy it the same amount
    • I enjoy it less
    • Ahhhhhh, I hate Winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 hour ago, Freeze said:

Do you mean December 15th 2018? 

No 20197B332838-5BE3-41C6-8B66-AC6C7A2B3524.thumb.jpeg.d59a71bd02187dc272f2da65424fab0f.jpeg26E5B804-F604-45D7-B05C-475147C1F499.thumb.jpeg.eed9e8af81bcc2f5a110f01268ea7874.jpegED46AD80-D787-4171-BD36-AACA54DF394B.thumb.jpeg.a09ae2efb2c9e339ed4fda567b80b66c.jpegD2481313-C0B5-41D0-AF0E-624641B116E9.thumb.jpeg.0536d6224b0a5bdf9277e3d7bcffc384.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes December 2010 was a classic, and probably one of the coldest ever months. Hard to believe it’s nearly 10 years ago.

I remember dropping documents off to the Centre Point tower, which is as central as central London goes, near Tottenham court  road and Oxford Street. 

I was on the 17th floor and could see the power station out towards Ponders End, which is about 15 or so miles away. Could see the steam coming out from miles away, and the surrounding buildings. Think London had daytime highs of 0c and minus 1, but it was also very cold because of the windchill. 

The heavy snow set in around early Saturday morning and we had a continuous fall of snow until Sunday. Also remember the snow lying round for a few days, because it was so cold. 

Yes. Could see Fidlers Ferry power station nr Warrington steaming on overload all the way from Freckleton on the Ribble Coast. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I've only just managed to wipe the monstrosity of December 2010 out of my mind. 

It was cold, but snowfall was terrible here despite the hype. I actually had more snow on February 3rd 2015.

December 2010 was a hit and miss affair here snowfall wise. Our largest fall came on the 3 December and early hours 4 December, about 4 inches. It partly melted during the day it was a bit of a slush fest then refroze solid. There was a mid month thaw generally from 10 to 15. In fact it was a mostly green scene in the valleys with no more snow of any note until the 27. We did have a light coating still where the sun had not got to work through until Christmas. Christmas Day brought a 1 half hour light snowfall. A freak of an event and dont recall many other places getting one, unique to central Lakeland. 

Posted
7 hours ago, damianslaw said:

December 2010 was a hit and miss affair here snowfall wise. Our largest fall came on the 3 December and early hours 4 December, about 4 inches. It partly melted during the day it was a bit of a slush fest then refroze solid. There was a mid month thaw generally from 10 to 15. In fact it was a mostly green scene in the valleys with no more snow of any note until the 27. We did have a light coating still where the sun had not got to work through until Christmas. Christmas Day brought a 1 half hour light snowfall. A freak of an event and dont recall many other places getting one, unique to central Lakeland. 

17th December (my lads 10th Birthday) something he never will forget. It just didn’t stop from late afternoon.  Snow cover was unmoved even up to and on Christmas Day. The whole area around the fields had that unusual cold blue tint.