Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Songs that remind you of late summer, moving into autumn?

Sunny76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0_8J7uxhs

Laura Brannigan - Self Control

August/September 1984

Good song this one, and arguably an equally good cover of it by the Bluetones' Mark Morris also reminds me of August.

Another one.. Space, me and you vs the world, early September 1996 when I started college.  Very pleasant anticyclonic spell around that time I recall

Posted
13 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

Good song this one, and arguably an equally good cover of it by the Bluetones' Mark Morris also reminds me of August.

Another one.. Space, me and you vs the world, early September 1996 when I started college.  Very pleasant anticyclonic spell around that time I recall

I remember Space. I bought the album Spiders on cassette. 1996 was the high point for that band. Sort of post Britpop era.

The autumn of 96 was quite pleasant; chilly in places, but also some nice warm days. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I remember Space. I bought the album Spiders on cassette. 1996 was the high point for that band. Sort of post Britpop era.

The autumn of 96 was quite pleasant; chilly in places, but also some nice warm days. 

A song from that time Fugees ready or not, no 1 in September. Has a melancholic autumnal hue to it.

Posted

Two songs by The Doors with direct reference to the summers end

1.Summers almost gone 

2. Indian Summer

'morning found us calmly unaware

Mildew gold ran through our hair

At night we swim the laughing sea

When summers gone

Where will we be' 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I think Forever Autumn by Justin Hayward got an early mention and, along with Boys of Summer by Don Henly, it always captures that sense of things that were around for the summer gradually beginning to disappear.

I remember back in my young twenties when I had a late holiday booked followed by a couple of long weekends, the last of which was to the World Speedway Championship being held in Amsterdam (not treally a Speedway fan, just loved the craic of going away with mates)

All summer long I was looking forward to the holiday followed by the weekend. But the speedway weekend meant it was all over.....nothing but work til Christmas!  We were coming back by coach and got caught up in a monday morning traffic jam in London as the rain was pouring down,  Out through the coach radio came the strains of the Carpenters Rainy Days and Mondays.  It perfectly matched the mood of the time, and,forever after, the mood of a cold rainy day looking back on yet another summer that had bid us farewell....