Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

Lots of lightning strikes around today.

blitzortung.thumb.jpg.fb67c5e9acd4f3de4de241f5f7032977.jpg

A good chance for me to see some distant lightning tonight, looking south towards the channel.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Lots of lightning strikes around today.

blitzortung.thumb.jpg.fb67c5e9acd4f3de4de241f5f7032977.jpg

A good chance for me to see some distant lightning tonight, looking south towards the channel.

That would be good for me here Zak,been a bit of a poor year for Sussex this year in terms of storms but got right underneath a half decent one at 3 in the morning on June 20th at beachy head near Eastbourne! 

• Like 1

looking at what's up ahead we've only just strated best autumn day in a long time. 

Look at 7 to 8pm that looks heavy. 

Edited by hamilton and weather fan 1
  • Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous cell has just shot up out of nowhere about 70 miles to my SW, over Hampshire I think. Very explosive development and it looks like something you'd see on a day of surface-based storms in July. Wouldn't surprise me if I see flickers from it soon.

• Like 1

Not much to speak of overhead but the view has been similar to this to the south over the channel for a lot of the day. 

5CDBA9A9-1738-4894-9298-5DD953DCFCE7.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 4

Great autumnal convective skies today. Was woken up at 7am by a loud crack of thunder too. 

Reports of a brand new weather phenomenon called a mini hurricane in Little Hampton this afternoon too. 

T0FLMTI2NjkwMDQw.jpg
WWW.LITTLEHAMPTONGAZETTE.CO.UK

Residents of a Littlehampton neighbourhood were left shaken last night (October 24) after a freak ‘mini...

• Like 2