Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

What do they eat?

Oops i meant whilst im eating lunch 🤣

it now has an anvil 

BA9E373D-6648-4323-B9E0-DEFA7D14633E.jpeg

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 6

I see we are back to the normal weather pattern of the south hogging all the storms leaving us up here with dull grey murk and drizzle 😜 

Enjoy them whilst they last 😛 

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

going to be one of those days, that the showers are so widespread.. any quick developing.. that by the time we look at the radar the lightning will come and have gone :L 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

I see we are back to the normal weather pattern of the south hogging all the storms leaving us up here with dull grey murk and drizzle 😜 

Enjoy them whilst they last 😛 

Not all the south 😜

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Jamiee said:

image.thumb.png.69881d805c4aee7e22a6887aa2fc2643.png

Radar estimates so far for August 2020.

The game of spot Herne Bay becomes incredibly easy. 😂

That's really cool, thanks for sharing.

I couldn't help but notice an arrow shape coming out of Belgium. You could say the arrow represents where all the good Benelux storms are forever going: straight into the North Sea

• Like 1

there's some high topped clouds coming from Abergavenny, too far for my camera to get any good shot, but look to be part of a squall line, - similar but less so than that on the south Coast and Approaching Oxford... let's see if it pops! 

• Like 3

Lightning being detected here.

Just had to go up a ladder and clear out a downpipe. The water was backflowing under the eaves and getting in to the loft. I found a small tree growing in it! 🥳

• Like 7

This thing went up seriously quickly. Whites and purples shown on the radar and I'm surprised it hasn't produced any sparks yet.

DSC01553.thumb.JPG.4ce5b62a6172927481a550dd168702af.JPG   DSC01554.thumb.JPG.e42edbe8c005262e262ebd7688da6f29.JPG   DSC01555.thumb.JPG.ce7553f288b1f0b4f4e5e35f2699bdb8.JPG

• Like 3