Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

1 hour ago, Ryukai said:

For anyone over at Nantwich right now, this is what your storm looks like from the outside 😄   It's a Beaut! 😛 

1175492207_IMG_20200818_1705102891.thumb.jpg.ff2c8ecd52abcc7ce492703b74b1baf9.jpg

No thunder heard, just some very heavy rain.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Got some cool pictures of the London development on my evening walk. Stood and watched it grow for a while. Considering not much has come this way, it was great to watch, even if from afar! 

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Posted Images

Another abysmal storm season here begins to draw to a close. We seem to be back in the 2007-2012 era for storms in my location. I’m not going to pin any hope on September delivering any goods - I seem to see more lightning in December than July/August these days. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Torrential downpour earlier in Leighton Buzzard and just had another short sharp shower that produced a really bright double rainbow although the pics dont do it justice.

20200818_184054.jpg

20200818_184207.jpg

20200818_184317.jpg

20200818_184404.jpg

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, Zak M said:

That storm to the NE of Peterborough looks pretty cool from here as well...

DSC01341.JPG

Can easily see it from Chesterfield as well. Looking at the satellite there is nothing in between here and the storm to suggest it is another storm or whatever in between

There was a better opportunity around 30 minutes ago where it looked like a line of huge Cauliflowers, but there were a load of kids player football and I would have looked dodgy taking pictures lol

20200818_194829.jpg

Edited by OddSpot
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, STE1490 said:

I wish it was around 10pm would of been an great lightning show

It was amazing seeing it develop. Definite rotation on it towards the updraft area. Then I’ve only just stopped hearing the continuous roaring that it produced, almost as soon as it passed E of here. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

It was amazing seeing it develop. Definite rotation on it towards the updraft area. Then I’ve only just stopped hearing the continuous roaring that it produced, almost as soon as it passed E of here. 

We can still here it rumbling here. Didn't get any lightning where we are but we got the edge of it. The rainfall look crazy in the middle of it. I'm waiting to her from my mum about 4 miles from ours as the centre of the storm passed over there's 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

Stunning looking skies now the storm has passed, would post vid but cant seem to for some reason.

20200818_200600.jpg

20200818_200610.jpg

20200818_200516.jpg

sky is just unreal underneath it! wish i had a camera that would do it justice

• Like 1

Timelapse of the developing thunderstorms on the 11th August last week including that Oxford cell.

I've got plenty of more videos to edit so watch this space 🙂

• Like 5