Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

1 minute ago, Jamiee said:

It's just a plane on a long exposure. A sprite wouldn't have lasted long enough to trail across the sky.

Yes i know Jamiee🙂,just adding a bit of light hearted humor😁

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Zak M said:

What a storm that was. Wow.

Had a storm approach me, hit me, produced a downburst that almost knocked my next door neighbours tree over and once the rain had stopped, the thunder it started producing was unreal.

Best storm this year for sure. I will upload one of the clips I managed to get soon (it's over 20 mins long!)

Was a beauty indeed, I didn't see much lightning but the rain was epic, the thunder decent and the drama fantastic plus still got a few nice bolts thrown in for good measure but sadly no pics though i did try.  I wish there more days like today, this is what it's all about, action!! 

• Like 1

Is it just me... or is that London cell moving BACKWARDS!!!! 🤪 

Every cloud in sight "We're all moving to the NW!" 

London Cell "Nahhh... I'm gonna move SE!"

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AppleRumble89 said:

Got some cool pictures of the London development on my evening walk. Stood and watched it grow for a while. Considering not much has come this way, it was great to watch, even if from afar! 

PicsArt_08-16-09.36.32.jpg

Love that picture, nice one 👌🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I swear the southern sky just lit up 🤭

Edit - it wasn’t the south, something to the north is flashing brightly but not sure what. The elevated tower that I shared earlier has ballooned north of London so it could have been that. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, jake44 said:

nice this could be my chance to have a storm

Maybe it was that! 🤗 was two very bright flashes about a minute apart

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

I swear the southern sky just lit up 🤭

Edit - it wasn’t the south, something to the north is flashing brightly but not sure what. The elevated tower that I shared earlier has ballooned north of London so it could have been that. 

Three very deep rumbles coming from the south from the tiny cell coming towards Kent

• Like 1