Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Western edge seems to be fading here, just a few spots of rain, guess i wasn't wrong about my earlier post.

Aye, nothing here, storms look like heading WNW, north of Stoke

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jeffers146 said:

Very flashy storm for around 10 mins in south Lincoln. Torrential rainfall and deep booming thunder. Gone very black again with the odd flash and rumble. Something is telling me we aren’t done for the evening yet!

Weather sites suggesting thundery showers all the way till early hours, so reckon there will probs be heavier bursts now and again which will bring out more thunder and lightning, kinda jealous that I'm not there lol ;) 

Edited by TJS1998Tom

Posted
1 minute ago, Jeffers146 said:

Very flashy storm for around 10 mins in south Lincoln. Torrential rainfall and deep booming thunder. Gone very black again with the odd flash and rumble. Something is telling me we aren’t done for the evening yet!

You got a cell that was just a little ahead of the main band. Looks like you are about to see the main zone arrive

Posted

Plenty of strikes showing on the detectors east of here, pretty impressed with this today as we weren't even in the main risk area! 

Posted
32 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Rains finally made it's way over the peaks of the Pennines so should get to me soon.  Though from looks of it, the mass will have spent most of it's energy just getting over so heavy drizzle/rain incoming for me.  Least the plants in the garden will be happy.  

Evening.  I'm 16 and a bit miles north of you, skies gone really dark to my south and south east, radar now looking very interesting indeed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Plenty of very heavy precip heading our way if you're in Buxton buddy, still some lightning over Lincolnshire but if it will survive here who knows, you should at least see some torrential rain though! 

image.thumb.png.a7875c0bb8090022076c70a3dc2c6b9d.png

Definitely concerned about flooding potential. Much of that intense line looks like passing through Sheffield and we're already at 30mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Heat
8 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Weather sites suggesting thundery showers all the way till early hours, so reckon there will probs be heavier bursts now and again which will bring out more thunder and lightning, kinda jealous that I'm not there lol ;) 

I’ll keep ya updated

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Anyone who lives around the London area should keep an eye out. I can see a massive CB shooting up over there. Evident on Sat24 too.

• Like 1

Posted

Now THIS! is what you call backbuilding  (for future viewers, direction of cloud movement is towards the NW  )

Backbuild1.png.dff7f07b0fef732b54aad6db758aea72.png Backbuild2.png.1ba208bd9469627051d1899d5b145435.png Backbuild3.png.362d77c6fed7d03b519c6a961a585612.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
Just now, Zak M said:

Anyone who lives around the London area should keep an eye out. I can see a massive CB shooting up over there. Evident on Sat24 too.

One behind it too. 

20200816_194849.thumb.jpg.950548f34d97ab85d0efa0693a8e987a.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
35 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

Seems to have eased off a bit now, not sure if we are due anymore.

Still thunder and lightening here in South Kyme, I think it’s electrical storm but going to check.

LO

• Like 1

Posted

Sat in pub just outside Chesterfield with a good window view of the incoming weather

Just seen a flash of lightning towards the east

Edited by OddSpot
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Just got back from a fab weekend in Alfriston (East Sussex) and was treated to my first overhead thunderstorm earlier this afternoon, yaaaay!! No thunder and lightning here during that time from what I can tell.

Saw some convective looking skies en route home (which surprised me a little) so hoping there may be a final flourish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, OddSpot said:

Sat in pub in just outside Chesterfield with a good window view of the incoming weather

Just seen a flash of lightning towards the east

Just had two big flashes here in Eckington thunder is getting louder too.

• Like 3