Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Frequent heavy downpours here in Leicester. Nothing thundery however I’m surprised of its intensity as there’s been no sun at all here today. Full dull but something is fuelling them?

only thunder at the moment seems to be the stuff in East Anglia , Near The Channel and just north of London

Just had a sudden downpour without any warning. Sun is still shin now!

Dropped 6mms of rain in 10 mins and now intensifying again.

Serves us right for having a half hour of sun  an hour ago!!.

Cannot be long before the shower electrifies over the centre and north of Bham.

Massive towers going up

MIA 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, jake44 said:

shame its not night could maybe see some lightning dont know tho its very low cloud here

Elevated probably. Or at least not the kind of lightning you’ll be able to see against the dark cloud base - not until a little later on anyway.

You’ll probably be able to hear it though. Been a bit of a blight for the south over the last few days but later today and tomorrow hopefully a return to more typical UK storm conditions and conducive to something a little more visual.

Fingers crossed...

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Elevated probably. Or at least not the kind of lightning you’ll be able to see against the dark cloud base - not until a little later on anyway.

You’ll probably be able to hear it though. Been a bit of a blight for the south over the last few days but later today and tomorrow hopefully a return to more typical UK storm conditions and conducive to something a little more visual.

Fingers crossed...

yeah wish the storms luck

3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Fingers crossed...

I'm afraid it's always "tomorrow" down here in the SE as has been promised all this week.In my opinion it will either be today/tonight or not at all

• Like 1
Just now, Paul1968 said:

I'm afraid it's always "tomorrow" down here in the SE as has been promised all this week.In my opinion it will either be today/tonight or not at all

im sure there be another cluster tonight hopefully

27 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Just had a sudden downpour without any warning. Sun is still shin now!

Dropped 6mms of rain in 10 mins and now intensifying again.

Serves us right for having a half hour of sun  an hour ago!!.

Cannot be long before the shower electrifies over the centre and north of Bham.

Massive towers going up

MIA 

Interesting. Still really gloomy and murky this side of Birmingham.

Looking forward to seeing how this is going to play out.

Edited by Gord

Just rain no thunder, although there may have been a very distant one at some point, but also it could have been a plane. 

And just like that, the sun is finally breaking through. Very quick clearance of the murk all of a sudden.

Might actually be able to see what's going on up there now!

• Like 2