Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
11 minutes ago, WeatherWatchmanG said:

im not seeing rotation.

Rewind the stream back by about 30 mins, then change the viewing speed to x2 you can visibly see the entire cloud rotating, to alter the speed click the cog icon on the bottom right of the video and select playback speed.

Alternatively, if you're on a computer just move your mouse over the time selector and move it back and forth to see it even faster on the mini image.

Edited by Ryukai

Posted

I've Never been this scared on the roads in a long time!! Water just flowed off the fields and levels rose very fast...i'm hoping the guys that were heading in as I was coming out, took my advice to just turn around especially the old lady in the estate car.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Keeping an eye on that cell near Sevenoaks that I believe I can see.

160312A1-6492-4C5C-8144-FF8193E9AEBF.thumb.jpeg.d19e8fec4dae908feb5155f179376b66.jpeg

20:35

F67B1619-897A-4875-A124-3F92893331FE.thumb.jpeg.d4ae731037ee4bfcd292bb7be4f90eca.jpeg

20:41

2389C876-CDE8-46DD-AA0A-B7589ED38AC3.thumb.jpeg.14cda90940ba6921cacb670117f76286.jpeg

20:48

image.thumb.jpg.2a9db0db98d69861e00b76061049569f.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Can confirm the new updraft has electrified - seen it flash at least three times in quick succession - it must have crossed the NSC parallel

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
12 minutes ago, Cableguy said:

Clear view of IC strikes from here of London storm 

yes in Cobham Fairmile Estate and quite a few flashes to the NW from the cell over London 

Posted

Not looking very hopeful for me now in Scunthorpe. This band is just breaking up and fading away as it tries to get to me. Might not even see any rain from this at this rate, let alone lightning or thunder

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.d83e5a19569b78f9fdebee5f2f763f9e.jpg1 Hour Ago

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.991ab5c5179a024790032e7a72374d02.jpgLatest Radar Image

Posted

New possible updraft forming into the London cells

6B32EADF-1FAE-4647-A9ED-6EF69F94F26A.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Lincs Observation said:

Things have gone quiet now with drizzle, however one last hurrah may come as the front moves North West however the storms are breaking up now in this area.

LO

Breaking up at the wrong time, before I have a chance to get anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Think I’m the wrong side of the London cell to see any distant lightning annoyingly. There was also something trying to build behind it earlier but that seems to have collapsed now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

That line from Gloucester to London i was talking about,looks like a tornado touchdown on this animation lol

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/radar2.php?region=uk&mode=1

• Like 4

Posted

London cell lighting up periodically - much brighter courtesy of nightfall. Replacement cell building rapidly (quite explosively actually) to its South. Hopefully this will start to light up soon too.

0ED6316F-B5F6-4B3A-A048-AC275A4C9200.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Think I’m the wrong side of the London cell to see any distant lightning annoyingly. There was also something trying to build behind it earlier but that seems to have collapsed now

There was a cell which has collapsed completely but theres new updraft (partially obscured by trees) which looks, as far as I can tell, really robust

Edit - the updraft into the incumbent London cell is really impressive - can see the turkey towers billowing into it like the bubbles in a lava lamp.

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Wow, well what a couple of days, travelled down to Bedford and back today and saw the heaviest rain in many, many a year, this on the back off seeing the same back in Essex yesterday, rainfall of at least 2 inches total when i got back today, then the thunder started so I did my first mini chase.. made it to Huntingdon but couldn't catch the storm up but en route went through villages that were practically cut off!  Saw a few bolts so guess I have to be happy with that. We also now have a new lake on formerly dry grass that people were actually swimming in this afternoon!  Proper weather eh? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well, what a day for a fair few southeasterners. A shame that I was busy and missed out on most of the action. But wow, some of the footage I’ve seen is insane! 

I’m seeing lovely bright orange lightning at the top of those London cells now. 

Tomorrow also looks like a good convective day is in store, should we get a decent build up of diurnal heating. 

Have a good one all! Hope everyone got their storm fix 

• Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, Lance M said:

It's been a worrying week for Blitz and LMs, consistently failing to pick up more than half of the lightning strikes. 

The cells that developed near me over Basingstoke on both Thursday and Friday were CONSTANTLY rumbling, yet the amount of sferics picked up was far too low considering the amount of IC lightning that would have been needed for that level of thunder.

On Thursday night LM recorded a strike a few hundred metres from my house which coincided perfectly with a blinding flash overhead. They removed it a few minutes later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow

Oh.  My.  God.      My Dad took me and my little sister for a 'storm chase' to see some lightning and rain locally because I asked, and when we went it was some normal heavy rain, but with some good lightning occasionally. As we went south into Hampstead, the rain quickly escalated and became torrential, with lightning. Then it moved into probably one of the most intense rains I have ever seen. There were huge torrents of water going down the streets, with the flat areas having flooding, while the hills had torrents. It was crazy. I have tons of footage so I will go through it all, and put a video here tomorrow.

Edited by Thunder and Lightning
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

There was a cell which has collapsed completely but theres new updraft (partially obscured by trees) which looks, as far as I can tell, really robust

Edit - the updraft into the incumbent London cell is really impressive - can see the turkey towers billowing into it like the bubbles in a lava lamp.

Not sure if I’m under the new updraft? I can see the secondary updraft from the London cell to my north (very very close) and when I look straight up it’s very dark so I assume I’m about to be in something  

Edited by oliverek7