Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Interesting developments around Gloucestershire too.

• Like 1

Posted

Think I'm finally going to see my storm fix. Have missed out for the whole week.

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.3e7e5a9527910134565adbdafe7058e8.jpg

Finally good that the TOD has finally fallen and it looks like the Lincolnshire shield has finally failed but can this lot get up to me in N Lincs?

With that big area showing up just off the coast of Norfolk I look to be in a good position. Might just arrive in time for dusk and nighttime assuming it all doesn't die a death before it gets to me or suddenly changes course

• Like 1

Posted

Rains finally made it's way over the peaks of the Pennines so should get to me soon.  Though from looks of it, the mass will have spent most of it's energy just getting over so heavy drizzle/rain incoming for me.  Least the plants in the garden will be happy.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Nothing here today, the sun has only made its first appearance in the last half hour or so. Apart from that it’s just been overcast and grey

Hopefully this evening/tonight delivers, but I’m not holding my breath

Posted
1 minute ago, Xanderp009 said:

Anyone know Buxton

High up in the Peak District, snows a lot, locals a bit strange 

Big mass of heavy rain heading this way, its gone very dark here, bit different to this time last week when we were basking in the heat  

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, SqueakheartLW said:

Think I'm finally going to see my storm fix. Have missed out for the whole week.

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.3e7e5a9527910134565adbdafe7058e8.jpg

Finally good that the TOD has finally fallen and it looks like the Lincolnshire shield has finally failed but can this lot get up to me in N Lincs?

With that big area showing up just off the coast of Norfolk I look to be in a good position. Might just arrive in time for dusk and nighttime assuming it all doesn't die a death before it gets to me or suddenly changes course

Watching Chelmsford and other areas on the News, I'm not sure this is one to be hoped for.

It missed me (Southend) by about 10 miles and after being gutted at first, I am now pretty grateful.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
Just now, ChezWeather said:

High up in the Peak District, snows a lot, locals a bit strange 

Big mass of heavy rain heading this way, its gone very dark here, bit different to this time last week when we were basking in the heat  

I meant storm chance 

Posted
Just now, SqueakheartLW said:

Could you send this up the road to Scunthorpe for me?

Just needs a little nudge up North for you lot , of course Lincoln gets a decent looking storm when I'm not there but after Mondays big storm I can't really complain lol

Posted
Just now, Spikey M said:

Watching Chelmsford and other areas on the News, I'm not sure this is one to be hoped for.

It missed me (Southend) by about 10 miles and after being gutted at first, I am now pretty grateful.

Everywhere is bone dry. The grass has gone yellow and brown and the soil is like a dust bowl. I think everything could do with a bit of water right now

Posted
12 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Interesting developments around Gloucestershire too.

Couple of rumbles but mainly very heavy rain here. Calmed down now

Posted

Drive home was interesting clear Convergence line running up the M11 and A11 with massive Cbs to the west and stratiform grey to the east and south east. The boundary was so marked and dipped into temps of 79f near Diss then back down to 69f near Colchester. So took the scenic route back west along the A14 then South on the A11 through Thetford. Lovely skies and Cgs. 

Arrived back to dead slate grey skies in SE Essex and temps of 64f.

It really is pitiful living anywhere within 10 miles of the coasts this year with these NW or WNW moving Storms. And the real power resides in area through the heart of the country this year. 

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 5

Posted

After lots of silent lightning during the week, the sound has finally been fixed

Lots of deep rumbles to accompany the flashes here....hell of a lot of rain too! 

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Xanderp009 said:

I meant storm chance 

Plenty of very heavy precip heading our way if you're in Buxton buddy, still some lightning over Lincolnshire but if it will survive here who knows, you should at least see some torrential rain though! 

image.thumb.png.a7875c0bb8090022076c70a3dc2c6b9d.png

Edited by ChezWeather
  • Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Lincs Observation said:

Rumbling away all afternoon here in Lincolnshire with very heavy rain, however things are livening up now with lightening and a continuation of the very heavy rain.

LO

Seems to have eased off a bit now, not sure if we are due anymore.

• Like 1

Posted

Looked a bit quiet on the radar earlier but thundery activity seems to really pick up as it heads towards Lincolnshire and Midland areas, are these heading North West? Not sure if Lancashire will see these though, we've had cloud all day

image.png

Interesting how it seems to be following a line as it heads North, assuming there's a convergence line here? (If that's the right word for it)

image.thumb.png.e30921f250860c27f3e242cd63b3d7bc.png

Edited by TJS1998Tom
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Western edge seems to be fading here, just a few spots of rain, guess i wasn't wrong about my earlier post about it weakening.

Edited by DIS1970
  • Like 1

Posted

Noticed these showers popping up ahead of the main zone

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.83b54d2b0d3cc8d1115c0049a20f3149.jpg

Wonder if these will end up storms too. Not that I can see any of this lot coming. Still full of North Sea muck and cloud and sky looks the same in every direction

Edited by SqueakheartLW
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, SqueakheartLW said:

Noticed these showers popping up ahead of the main zone

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.83b54d2b0d3cc8d1115c0049a20f3149.jpg

Wonder if these will end up storms too. Not that I can see any of this lot coming. Still full of North Sea muck and cloud and sky looks the same in every direction

I reckon there could be some rumbles of thunder in those if they pick up, doubt there would be much in terms of lightning 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Heat

Very flashy storm for around 10 mins in south Lincoln. Torrential rainfall and deep booming thunder. Gone very black again with the odd flash and rumble. Something is telling me we aren’t done for the evening yet!

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Xanderp009 said:

Anyone know Buxton

Yep, i've just been passing through it a hour ago having a driving practice, there's a lot of hill fog around and only a bit of rain for now. It doesn't seem too likely there'll be anything in the way of storms here today although it is going dark earlier than usual.

• Like 1