Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Keep us updated. I don’t mind feeling jealous

Hehe well we had some biblical rain and constant thunder for about an hour, Didn't see any lightning other then the sky flashing. The power went out for a few minutes also. Was good fun, cant wait for next years storm 

• Like 3

Posted

I had given up on anything in Wales.. went to have a bath ... came back... now there's huge towering clouds, a few sferics on the radar... suns trying to come out,, the humidity has shot up... 
It's only a few miles away, so  things can die.. at least I don't have to wait long for disappointment or firework celebration

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

What do they like about the North Sea so much??? Yet as soon as they touch the channel they die?

71ABD076-989C-455D-950B-9D909D952CAB.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That was a biblical storm over Rushden, Northant's. Most of the lightning was high up CC and I would say a shame but I won't! Th thunder may as well of been one continuous rumble, was amazing!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heard a few rumbles from very dark sky to the northwest of here, over the Severn Estuary. Dark clouds seemed to build over head, move northwestwards and developed into intense thunderstorms. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Grey skies and showers here, with the South Midlands clearly missing out once again with storms favouring areas to the North, West, and East.

SM.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
1 minute ago, xSnow said:

Grey skies and showers here, with the South Midlands clearly missing out once again with storms favouring areas to the North, West, and East.

SM.png

Bit like here,can here the Rumble's but nothing wants to come here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.
22 minutes ago, TheToastPeople said:

Hehe well we had some biblical rain and constant thunder for about an hour, Didn't see any lightning other then the sky flashing. The power went out for a few minutes also. Was good fun, cant wait for next years storm 

Ah well, not too bad all in all. We had our daily dose of steady, heavy rainfall. Thrilling

• Like 1

Posted

my word, coast of holland is lighting up like a christmas tree, 

Serious note, not sure if anyone else has noticed, on the rainfall radar if i click lightning I noticed lately it slows down big time when scrolling on the map. and my system is a fast win 7 pro x64 quad core with 16 gb ram

Edited by viking_smb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
9 minutes ago, Ndc Ozzie said:

Bit like here,can here the Rumble's but nothing wants to come here.

OK I eat my own words lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.
12 minutes ago, xSnow said:

SM.png

Haha. Yes we deserve to sneak in here in LB. We are in the Lee of the Chilterns, so from the SE and Dunstable Downs there is a near 150m drop. Cleverer people than me might know if that is anything to do with it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

MAY be eating my words on my previous comment!

Posted

Really dark to my north, where there are no storms, but brighter to my south...where the storms are.

This gloom is very deceptive today!

Still waiting...I'm sure they'll get here eventually!

Posted

Wow out of no where right overhead

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Time to watch these lot die off in the channel despite it being pretty much the warmest it gets annually.

Screenshot_20200816-172123.png