Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

25C, warmest my bedroom has been in a few weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, preferably thunderstorms, cold and bad weather.

21.2℃, 63%. Lot of sun today to warm the place, which has been close to steady at just over 20℃ most evenings for the last few weeks. Probably another month or so, assuming unexceptional cold, before the heating gets considered - that's usually when it starts struggling to reach 19℃.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

23.6°C and 55%. A bit lower than in the summer but the warmer weather over the last few days has stopped it dropping any further at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Lowest it's been for some time now at 20.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

13c in bedroom this morning, brisk 10c in bathroom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A fresh 17°C this morning 

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

17c here too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 25 September 2020 at 07:03, markyo said:

13c in bedroom this morning, brisk 10c in bathroom.

Brrrrr! Surprised you haven't got Penguins in your house lol.

Posted

19°C with 61% humidity indoors. A good 10°C colder outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

A fresh 16c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, preferably thunderstorms, cold and bad weather.

18.8°C and 58%. Been at least a degree down on the recent average every day since the cooler air arrived.

Posted
On 27 September 2020 at 14:35, emmett garland said:

13.1 c and 61 percent  humidity

WoW. I'm surprised it's even possible for it to get that cold indoors as its not even in single figures during the day yet. Do you have poor insulation or have you deliberately made it that cold eg leaving the window open all night?

If it was that cold indoors I'd need need a winter coat on probably!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

In the lounge (North facing with 3 external walls), its currently 22C. No need to put the heating on yet lol

Posted
10 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In the lounge (North facing with 3 external walls), its currently 22C. No need to put the heating on yet lol

It’s currently 20°C in my lounge but that’s with the heating on! My lounge only has two external walls as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
14 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It’s currently 20°C in my lounge but that’s with the heating on! My lounge only has two external walls as well.

The house is well insulated and its low lying around here, it will be a while before it really gets cold in these parts, its rare if October is particulary cold these days - I almost always have to wait until November to see a frost

Posted
6 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The house is well insulated and its low lying around here, it will be a while before it really gets cold in these parts, its rare if October is particulary cold these days - I almost always have to wait until November to see a frost

I live in a 1930’s detached bungalow in the north of England around 500 feet above sea level. It’s got cavity wall insulation but it doesn’t seem to help that much as It’s often below 20°C even in the summer. Rarely warm enough to just wear a t-shirt indoors. We’ve been known to put the heating on in June and early September, but this year we actually had to put it on in June AND July! It really sucks tbh. It has been a really atrocious summer up north though, for the most part, apart from a warmer spell mid June and early August. My mean max for July was only 17°C, about 3°C below average.

Even during the warm spell in September, the nights were still surprisingly cold, so we often still had it on first thing in the morning. It’s also a fairly damp house with humidity between 60-70% most of the time, though opening windows and running dehumidifiers does help.

I envy people with warmer houses, though one benefit of a cooler house is that it doesn’t usually get overbearingly hot during a heatwave. Very rarely goes above 25°C. We don’t even own a fan and manage just fine.

Posted

In one of my rooms temp 20.9c and humidity 55%. 

As for the accuracy of the readings I cannot say as every thermometer in the house read something different when brought together. 

Our oil fired boiler is programmed to come on at 7.30am and off at 9.00am. Then on again at 4.30pm and off at 9.00pm. Have a wall thermostat currently set to 20c.

Also have thermostatic radiator valves that are adjusted to suit the usage of individual rooms  

If anyone feels cold they can turn the wall or rad  thermostats up a bit if boiler is on.  Alternatively give a boost for an hour or advance the on time. 

Edited by Snipper

Posted

18°C