Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oo she's a beauty 

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

Well this is interesting, as the Anvil came over the temps have been slowly dropping, at 28C now From 30C (-2C), BUT the Dewpoint Started to rise at exactly the same time it's now up to 22C from 20C (+2C) 🤔  Also the preasure started to shoot up to at the exact same time.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/INEWCA75

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Think we've been spoilt in Edinburgh, storm yesterday evening, big one last night and now again with more to come, its not even that warm !

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

So u live near me then?

blooming hope something happens as it’s absolutely sweltering 

yeah bromsgrove....looking like this ones going to pop when it goes over the lickeys 😉

Pretty sure that the Heathrow one just delivered a +CG it just lit up the living room, serious delay and sounded louder than anything I've ever heard before 

Woah just seen my first flash this eve!!! W London cell. 

God you won’t hear me say this often as I work in forestry and love trees but I wish neighbours would cut these blessed ash trees down (in some respects). They’re blocking these storms to the East, and they have ash dieback disease anyway! 

684AB9BF-BF93-445B-A354-350B4D705C2B.jpeg

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Homerr said:

Cell over Heathrow / Hillingdon is well alive now with quite frequent thunder 

31.5c 41% 

I used to live in Ickenham, I remember some immense storms back in the late 70s/early 80s!