Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

finally some good news 🙂 the cell in france though, that could bring the activity if it survives the travel

Yes, relying on French imports is probably the best bet for Kent/East Sussex. We only need 149,440,000 calories for Kent alone, to break the cap of just 22 j/kg. That's the equivalent of 649,739 pints of Stella.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

An area roughly in the triangle of the M4/M5/M40 is really churning now. Should think it's only a matter of time before fun and games begin.

Smack bang between M4 and M40. Sky is full of towering cumulus.  It's 34c and it's game on if that cap lifts 😲

Just now, VillagePlank said:

Yes, relying on French imports is probably the best bet for Kent/East Sussex. We only need 149,440,000 calories for Kent alone, to break the cap of just 22 j/kg. That's the equivalent of 649,739 pints of Stella.

Can you put that into big macs please

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

The latest met office forecast looks horrible for the SE tomorrow night. God please no... please get corrected further east 😢 

Kent clipper?

• Like 1

All eyes to cornwall, can that area see a thunderstorm before the London area.. 
or will the Welsh lands Breed storms again.. over my house,........ and explode in mid Wales

3 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

Does this mean I have to go without my beer tonight and pour it in the Channel? Hmm, it's a tough one...

Edited by Stormhog
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Stormhog said:

Way too hot for me. I'll be down to Pevensey though this evening if a light show is in order.

Taking my girls out for a swim in the sea so it’s an ideal opportunity.  nothing showing down here though, only an arc of cloud directly out to sea. There’s towers Galore to the north of me but I can’t photograph them from here. 

40137318-82E8-4C69-823E-BC9E3ACEEBCD.jpeg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

The latest met office forecast looks horrible for the SE tomorrow night. God please no... please get corrected further east 😢 

have patience my friend, more than likely it will be corrected further east 

There's seems to be a line of cells that's popping up stretching from Dartmoor, across the Channel through the Brecon Beacons up to the southern area of Mid Wales. Shortwave?

• Like 2
Just now, Ryukai said:

There's seems to be a line of cells that's popping up stretching from Dartmoor, across the Channel through the Brecon Beacons up to the southern area of Mid Wales. Shortwave?

Looks like it, Wales is ready to fire up again! 

• Like 1

MCS in France looks good, don't think it can decide what direction it wants to go in though! Really exploding on Satellite.

There's some development near to the CIs too now that might be worth watching.

• Like 3