Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

20200811_143731.thumb.jpg.0bb1c1ee8648f5afa32441aa082444bd.jpg

Here is the latest as it goes over head here in Poole. Seems to be forming for those further inland.

• Like 3

Just now, Team Squirrel said:

Sun keeps going in now as these appear all around.

IMG_2271.JPG

What direction you looking?

5 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

The Swanage radar blip is now overhead of me in Poole and its clearly growing in size ready for those further north maybe! Enjoy lol

Its clearly capped looking at sky and its failing apart currently. 

Updated metO has me down for storms 5pm onwards. Bet it'll be those beggars across the river get it as per 🙄

1 minute ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

What direction you looking?

This photo is south west...but there are now similar to my SE and NE.

34.5c here.  Humidity 37%. Clear blue skies. And people are out running. I've got a sweat on sitting on the couch 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

34.5c here.  Humidity 37%. Clear blue skies. And people are out running. I've got a sweat on sitting on the couch 😂

Only showing 28 here but I’m with you on the sweating couch 

13 minutes ago, GeordieX9v said:

I was watching the lightning from those storms in the North West last night. It was visible from Newcastle. Hopefully I'll be able to get a bit closer to the action later. We'll see how it all plays out.

Yeah i was watching them from Darlington the frequency of the lightning was amazing, nothing expected today mindue the met office video from last night said different 

• Like 1

Just now, Mitch perrott said:

what do you think of this?
image.thumb.png.a1e6d41025cef76acc1e737a41e3d608.png

i dont think its moving much i do hope ramsgate gets a suprise later

8 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Updated metO has me down for storms 5pm onwards. Bet it'll be those beggars across the river get it as per 🙄

Not for me in Wycombe unforch..although Liam Dutton on Twitter just said "I think the first showers and thunderstorms will probably pop up in the London area from around 4pm onwards".

Nowcasting I think!

1 minute ago, Team Squirrel said:

Not for me in Wycombe unforch..although Liam Dutton on Twitter just said "I think the first showers and thunderstorms will probably pop up in the London area from around 4pm onwards".

Nowcasting I think!

Goes against previous forecasts which concentrated storms to the west of the UK again but hope you are right 

2 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Nowcasting I think!

Nothing but a few white blobs of popcorn cloud at mo

1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

First signs of precip near East Grinstead? 

We'll soon find out!

Just now, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

First signs of precip near East Grinstead? 

Yep looks like it. Just looked at the satellite image and there's a big blob of cumulus right over that area.

• Like 1

Just now, Zak M said:

Yep looks like it. Just looked at the satellite image and there's a big blob of cumulus right over that area.

there is a cluster of cells across france, will that make it across the channel?

10 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Yeah i was watching them from Darlington the frequency of the lightning was amazing, nothing expected today mindue the met office video from last night said different 

Yup.

Screenshot_20200810-183952_YouTube.jpg

• Like 1

Whats been breeding here in Poole is tracking at a slight North East direction. Could be why Oxford has a warning for later its tracking that way i believe.

7 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Nowcasting I think!

Just down the road from you near Marlow. Unfortunately we seem to have the Chilterns Storm Shield in effect IF any storms break out 😞