Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Definitely, that has been the case for the past few days really. There has been a ‘chance’ of storms across the SE since Friday, albeit a low one. It has been showing now for a few days, however, of a higher chance midweek.

far south east seems to not have any cape what so ever hhhh

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

far south east seems to not have any cape what so ever hhhh

Based on what charts and for when? The charts I shared are MUCAPE, not sure what SBCAPE is showing to be honest. 

Edited by Harry
6 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

I was just basing of your pictures, purple in center of south east but green where i am to yellow

Green to yellow is around 1,000 - 1,500 on that scale - ample. WRF-NMM can overdo CAPE somewhat but even so, 700-800 is still good going. 

Your best off looking at the charts and seeing how they change hour by hour for any given area - see here 

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose de manière régulière le modèle à maille fine de WRF-NMM 0.05x0.05° (5km) sur 5 zones (France, Nord-Ouest, Nord-Est, Sud-Ouest, Sud-Est) et l'Italie...

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Blazing sunshine here in Newcastle but just a few miles west they're stuck under crud 🤮

What a difference just a few miles makes. Just shows how localised showers can be when they develop.

20200811_101222.jpg

20200811_101515.jpg

Edited by GeordieX9v
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, nodrog said:

May I post this here? Last nights amazing offerings across the North West! Storm Chase UK - Enjoy

https://youtu.be/cSgFfsBwY6w

Love it,love the way you talk us thorough it and the excitement in your voice.love the fact that you say the lightning is talking to each other as me and a friend always say its communicating with each other.well done 🙂

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Rapodo said:

Seems extra humid along the South Bournemouth area today! Hopfully that will help matters at some point!

You're not wrong I've got 27.5C with a 21.8C dew point currently.....Moist.......

• Like 2

Temps getting above 25C here already, just nipped up the hill to the local Co-op, could barely breath by the time I got up there, felt more like drowning than breathing and that was at 10am! (75% humidity and 20C Dew Point... oh the joys...) Got abit of AcCas floating around but it's more blue sky than cloud. Gonna be an absolute scorcher up here today urgh..... 🥵

Edited by Ryukai
12 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

A muggy 28 here feeling like 33, going to be another scorcher of a day here in E-Sussex 

Indeed - since those earlier showers (which dropped about 17 spots of rain here) the temperature here is soaring. 28C and climbing quickly. Interestingly my app, which has (rightly) not indicated any storms for the past several days, is showing 40-60% storm risk for this afternoon (for a good few hours). 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Indeed - since those earlier showers (which dropped about 17 spots of rain here) the temperature here is soaring. 28C and climbing quickly. Interestingly my app, which has (rightly) not indicated any storms for the past several days, is showing 40-60% storm risk for this afternoon (for a good few hours). 

London across to Oxford and upto Cambridge looks primed from 4pm today. 

Cone, POS, Tod and SOR should all add an extra day though 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

what app?