Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

2 minutes ago, SarahWxm said:

This must be what I just had. Jumped out of my skin lol

Yep and a lovely round of verbal abuse going on down the road ruining the silence :oldrofl: 

• Like 2

Lots of flashes to the west of town, I'm off out in the car to a vantage point, orange purple and pink flashes seen. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can just about see the sheet lightning on the left side of this cam.  EDIT: can also see Bolts now too!

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Heads up to the Triangle some stunning drizzle heading your way batten down the hatches guys

This is what summers are all about endless days of 90-100f heat and stunning drizzle cant beat it

To be fair the cells in kent produced very heavy rain as my video shows  :3

Heads up to the Triangle some stunning drizzle heading your way batten down the hatches guys

This is what summers are all about endless days of 90-100f heat and stunning drizzle cant beat it

We don't even have drizzle in Death Valley 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Good thing my camera is charged and ready! 

• Like 2

Just now, Mitch perrott said:

To be fair the cells in kent produced very heavy rain as my video shows  :3

Yes but they get zapped before crossing the Estuary only to strengthen again North of Chelmsford.

Anyway glad your ground is wet thats an achievement

Sorta feels that the worst is yet to come. Gonna be an interesting night

I can see the flashes from here probably 100 miles east from the storm, amazing 

• Like 2

The NW really has been the place to be for storms in recent years, Liverpool getting a real light show right now! 

The usual hot spots of former years such as the SE and East have had a real storm drought this year too, us in the middle have had abit of good & bad. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Seeing some lovely bolts overhead now and hearing some thunder just started hailing as well. 

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes but they get zapped before crossing the Estuary only to strengthen again North of Chelmsford.

Yeah! Cooled the area down a bit... might get a rumble of thunder tonight ^-^ camera charged 

constant strobe like lightning all around.. it's impressive

• Like 3

Massively heavy drizzle nr Sudbury. Will it make it over the border? 

Biblical rain with occasional small hail. Incredible rain rate. Thunder quite quiet but lots of it.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

I've seen a few flashes now from that stuff leaving north east France, problem is, it'll either be a fish storm, or head for EA. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dont look like ramsgate be getting anything just bit of heavy rain

1 minute ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Massively heavy drizzle nr Sudbury. Will it make it over the border? 

Good luck praying for you

• Like 2

Shame my camera isnt picking up all the flashes with them being not so bright atm

Never been under a storm with 100 strikes before so this would be quite a site if it kept going

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

The NW really has been the place to be for storms in recent years, Liverpool getting a real light show right now! 

The usual hot spots of former years such as the SE and East have had a real storm drought this year too, us in the middle have had abit of good & bad. 

And the NE tbh. I do wonder what's happened pattern-wise; French imports are a thing of the past, homegrown storms are non-existent. I think it's slightly worse in the E though.

2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I've seen a few flashes now from that stuff leaving north east France, problem is, it'll either be a fish storm, or head for EA. 

Are we in the fireing like for that?

Really heavy hail now really load rumble of thunder just and some lovely bolts of lightning across the sky. 

• Like 1