Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Dreckly said:

rainalarm_200810105440.png

Not all of that is producing thunder though the west side of Swansea just got some but the eastern bits haven’t 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Its rumbling again in the far distance.

Seems that the moisture is back loading and building up as it hits land and us a lot!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Calayte said:

That area in the SW is looking very interesting now. Just have to see how that keeps on developing through the next few hours. Cloud has now gone and temps are rising fast in the Birmingham area, lets try for low 30's to get those storms ignited!!!

Yeah it was only 22c western Swansea and it was pretty ignited 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

West country - enjoy! Some beefy stuff on the radars.  Here in the SE temperatures are rising for another low 30s by the looks of it. A little more haze in the air.

I am thinking any chance we have will be an occasional pop-up storm. I'll hope for imports from northern France (where Estofex give a Level 1) later. Or not.

I think my PC chair is beginning to melt...   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Elevated thunder and tropical style raindrops. Seems this is the starter before the main course. 

20200810_112026.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, TQWX said:

Hearing thunder again in Torquay from some strikes south of Dartmouth.

Not the day to go to Blackpool Sands for sunbathing!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all and good luck for today.

Currently in the lake District on a road trip in the van with the Mrs. 

We'll be travelling up to loch ness this afternoon so hoping still fires and we can follow it North. 

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

With such a stagnant pressure cooked pattern, it’s a very tough one to forecast. There’s no telling on where or when these storms will crop up. The likelihood remains further west at the current time, but I’ve certainly seen developments take place before outside of highlighted areas. Nowhere is guaranteed a direct hit, even if you are right under the highest risk warning zone. I’ve got my eye on that lot to the SW at the minute and having a very tough debate with myself whether to head west today, or watch and wait later for further development..

Absolutely @East_England_Stormchaser91 so much so, for the first time in about 15 years I’ve hardly looked at models (had a cheeky peek every now and again I won’t lie).

Literally anywhere could detonate in the coming days, albeit I’m more than happy to confidently rule out SB activity across the SE today - but beyond that it’s a moveable feast of potential. I wish I could remember the exact year, but I think it was maybe 6 years ago or so where MetO warnings and the like all suggested C and W areas were at risk of storms whereas my area in the SE was out of it - despite this a staggeringly noisy and electrified line of storms erupted in the early hours and trundled NNE...since then if you’re under the juice, I’ve learned to rule nothing out. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yep it looks like carnage in south west wales, I just missed everything but got a good view from a distance. 

Posted

That lump towards Salcombe has our name written all over it!

Screenshot_20200810-113700_My Lightning Tracker.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

still going here, just been another torrential downpour, and more thunder, it's all around this area, just keeps coming

Posted
28 minutes ago, StormLoser said:

West country - enjoy! Some beefy stuff on the radars.  Here in the SE temperatures are rising for another low 30s by the looks of it. A little more haze in the air.

I am thinking any chance we have will be an occasional pop-up storm. I'll hope for imports from northern France (where Estofex give a Level 1) later. Or not.

I think my PC chair is beginning to melt...   

french import tonight? mmmmm estofex usually isnt wrong

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Sunny & temp at 21.8C here now, a 1.6C increase over an hour, so not a huge rise, 30C plus looks unlikely - at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

23.2°C here now with strong  insolation

Posted

Here we go again!!!! ???

• Like 1

Radar indicating nearly 50mm has fallen in 3hours over parts of Cornwall. its lucky as some of the estimates jsut offshore are over 100m, probably flash flood territory that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
54 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Nowhere is guaranteed a direct hit, even if you are right under the highest risk warning zone. I’ve got my eye on that lot to the SW at the minute and having a very tough debate with myself whether to head west today, or watch and wait later for further development..

I would sit tight, next area will be from Oxford, up the M40, Brum and NW.

I just hope the pumps in the Whaley Bridge Todbrooke Resovoir can cope with a deluge of possible forecast precipitation 

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
7 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

french import tonight? mmmmm estofex usually isnt wrong

They make no mention of imports in their forecast. @StormLoser was talking about the Level One they've given for across the channel, and hoping for some imports, but the chances of that look slim as ever.

Edited by Lance M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
6 minutes ago, AMeltedFlake said:

Still grey on the welsh border, sun trying to get through, doesn't feel like we're near 30° yet!

I'm just south of you Ludlow area, 25C  sunny very oppressive here. 

• Like 1

Posted

It's roughly around the same temps here as it was on Friday now (25C'ish') but with ALOT more humidity, almost 70% as opposed to 45% on Friday.  Can basically see the moisture in the air as the horizon haze stretches about 1/3 of the way up to the zenith.  (Which means I can't see the storms passing by to my SW  )  Looks like Chester's about to be in for a bit of a soaking though  

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

We began to hear distant rumbles from much earlier this morning which all seemed to be further west  -  maybe around Pembroke - but in the last hour the storm has reached this location with torrential rain for about 10 minutes accompanied by some lightning but it would have been more spectacular at night.   Most of the lightning was slightly north west of us - over the Preseli Hills - with only the thunder to really measure how much activity there was, but some of it must have been huge going by the noise and vibration.   Now eased up again here but there seems to be more on the way from the south east looking at the rain radar.  It’s odd that we didn’t get much of a heatwave here, but now we’re getting the thundery breakdown.....

• Like 3

Posted

Constant grumbling thunder now to the west, but Kingsbridge has pretty much escaped in the middle! The way it goes I guess!

I can imagine some very bad localised flooding in places not far from here though.

• Like 1