Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted

Looked like everything was over, but now some new activity.  Must admit thought we were out of anything today as conditions didn't seem particularly conducive, but we've had a decent show  tonight and looks like Thor doesn't want to go to bed yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

There’s been some very interesting flightpaths in and out of Luton tonight

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

All I can say from Marlow .......

CSS (Chilterns Storm Shield) 3 - Storms 1 ...... But I'm declaring overall victory to the Storm, very convincing win ?️?️?️ Absolutely incredible, best I've witnessed for a fair few years and about time too!

Now, mother nature at her finest. A few remaining lightning strikes, a little rain and Mars clearly visible to the E ..... awesome

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Just driven home from Ashburton to Plymouth after night out and been following some very good lightning I'd guess towards Dartmouth. Its moving down the coast and we're getting some lightning here in Plymouth now 

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, > mark said:

CSS (Chilterns Storm Shield) 3 - Storms 1 ...... But I'm declaring overall victory to the Storm, very convincing win ?️?️?️ Absolutely incredible, best I've witnessed for a fair few years and about time too!

Now, mother nature at her finest. A few remaining lightning strikes, a little rain and Mars clearly visible to the E ..... awesome

Chilterns storm shield?? Seriously...we nearly always incubate them to the south and send them to you to enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

I made it one every two seconds.

Are you home now? It mental out there - our gutters have had it, the A40 is flooded and it's just not stopping.

Lightning only every few minutes now.

There's going to be some damage in the morning.

Pal that was bloody unreal. Got home a short while ago, never seen rain so intense, and the lightning was bloody amazing! 

Basically I'll run through everything. About half 9ish I started seeing lightning every couple seconds to the S, SW, looked at net-weather and saw the storms on their way from W London, but as per, the stormshield of Beaconsfield and the Chalfonts was in full effect once again! Anyway, spent 10, 15 mins looking SW out the window and then just thought sod it I could bolt it now down the M40 onto the A404 Marlow way, and maybe head further south/west. Anyway, soon as I hit the M40 the lightning was in full view....unbelievable blinding flashes! Then I got to the A404 by the big roundabout in Wycombe and tbh it was NASTY to drive on! Rain like I've never seen before. I was doing 30 or so, surface water everywhere, every so often some BMW or t*t in a fast car would drive past much quicker and I just sighed....anyway, got to Marlow, torrential rain and lightning the whole way there.....parts of Marlow were a bloody torrent. I drove through the high street and started going down some road (yes down, a slight gradient) and noticed some dude turning around, so even though I have a 4x4, means nothing vs feet of water so I turned round too as made more sense to go back where I've come from up hill rather than drive to the bottom of a road where water is flowing down like Niagara effing Falls! 

Anyway, by the time I got back on the A404 to Wycombe it was still raining heavily but surface water had subsided slightly. Got onto the M40 home and drove past some t****r who'd taken a Lambo out on the M40 only to cause a lane closure and have a group of police cars at the side of the road with him....when will people learn?! It's like the beamers and other RW drive cars you see in the ditch on snow day....saw it once near me and just laughed, they don't know how to drive in these conditions.....

By the time I got back to the village though, all was not over.....In fact the deepest water I had to drive through was in a notorious dip down the bottom of some lane and some dude with a hatchback was pulled up hazards on. I literally struggled in my jeep, battery light came on and all, but the jeep got me home as it always does come rain, snow or mud. 

What a night!!!!! Unfortunately, I have no DSLR shots or freeze frames of bolts, but I have numerous videos and freeze frames of flashes, mostly to the sound of Metallica.....lol. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

A fair bit of lightning going on up here just N of Bristol with distant rumbles Didn't expect this to be honest!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
30 minutes ago, > mark said:

Did you get to watch it from your window?! Here in Seer Green it was light rain and distant lightning for ages till I just got in the car and headed into the belly of the beast. I know there was a later cell when I was coming back from Marlow that hit the Chalfonts/Beaconsfield/Seer Green because when I got to Pyebush ROundabout Beaconsfield and then to Seer Green there was some crazy flooding at the usual spots. 

Unbelievable rain though never seen such intensity.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Normally in the UK, plumes are ended with destabilisation coming up from the south, to me this looks like destabilisation from the E which is a strange thing to see 

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 4

Posted

Stevenage  copped it yesterday morning and then again tonight for about 5 six hours.  Rinse and repeat for a third day. I'm tired its hard for a brontophobic

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Been awoken by loud thunder and frequent c/c lightning.  Very heavy rain too.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

To my surprise haha have also been woken up by thunder and lightning! Some very bright IC flashes.

• Like 1

Posted

Is lightning maps solely computer generated? Or does it have human input to delete strikes?

Blinding lightning practically over my house, lightning maps shows a strike a few hundred metres away, then that strike is removed a few minutes after being added!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

A lot of flashes now to my east with this thunderstorms over the B.Channel 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Finally got my 'big bad boom'. Unexpected!

• Like 2