Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

This perhaps one of the best Cbs I’ve seen in a long time - looks like it’s taking on a mothership formation!

Friends in Medway reporting booming thunder 

AEF5F577-E776-4AAF-9C64-931C82DDABC2.jpeg

Where’s it headed?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

It's probably the smallest storm of the week, but thunder and rain in Southend!!!!

Finally!!!

Only that Thunder is coming from a different county 😂 Booms are good I will give you that 

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Only that Thunder is coming from a different county 😂 Booms are good I will give you that 

It's raining and I hear thunder. I'm counting it.

• Like 1

Wow I just heard a deep peel of thunder from that Cb 😮 ordinarily I’d say it’s too far away but can’t think what else it could have been. Still growing 

4014A267-CC37-49D6-B4C0-3720F0DBD15D.jpeg

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Ndc Ozzie said:

Agree 100%  although our high at church Lawford was 20.7 at 10am

It’s just dire isn’t it. Reminds me of those overcast miserable July days, and it’s even worse knowing other parts of the country are either sunny or stormy.

2 minutes ago, oliverek7 said:

Where’s it headed?

Difficult to say but my fear is slightly too far north of here 😫

7 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Right under the storm now. I was lucky I saw it form over Basingstoke and headed west just in front of it. Close lightning but mostly elevated atm. Have my ear defenders on lol

Good call!

Lovely heavy rain thunder lightning on sheppey north Kent just what we wanted lol probably won't last but it was nice hopefully more tonight. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, xSnow said:

It’s just dire isn’t it. Reminds me of those overcast miserable July days, and it’s even worse knowing other parts of the country are either sunny or stormy.

Very true,I'm glad the intense heat and muggy ness has gone though,shame it never ending with a proper storm,they all seem to miss and skirt passed here or die and the thunder and lightning this morning was just so far and few between and didn't really come to much.

• Like 1

Still getting some rumbles here, even some close ones, amongst the lovely moderate rain. It's become a 'thundery rain' situation although the sferics have given up and don't show anything near me!

Are we still game-on for any elevated storms from shortwaves tonight? UKV and Arome don't fill me with confidence, but earlier it looked good.

• Like 1

There's got to be flooding west of Ely today, i've been radar watching that area since lunch and it's been a constant 'train' of cells firing up more/less the same localized area.

11 minutes ago, Chris74 said:

My god that was loud kids crying 

My nan lived in Queenborough, I remember some cracking storms during the summer when me and my sister would stay with her for a few weeks when we were kids (1980s)  Also some amazing snowfalls in winter, you get the best of everything there thinking about it lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Stunning! Worth the wait 

I bet it is. It's just started raining for us, but doesn't look like any thunder / lightning will spawn from this unfortunately.

Looks like a degree of backbuilding on the radar so probably more to come - though the sky is just a grey mess now so won’t be able to make out any structure.

Will not be complaining though! Probably the rumbliest storm I’ve heard in a decade.

• Like 4