Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Deep rumbles from the cell just to the NW (back home today) and very dark. Could see more cells pop just about anywhere in the region that has had cells already today.

Some back building evident today as cells are relatively short lived and get replaced by daughter cells.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jamiee said:

She's rumbling away!

20200813_164409.thumb.jpg.2be097fa4cdd5936460603d57727e295.jpg

Nothing on detectors yet 

4 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Enjoy!! It's still growing. Looks like it's merging with the Alresford cell so we are going to be sharing! 

Looks like the real heavy bit might skirt slightly to the south. Not seen a single flash of lightning so it must be extremely high up.

• Thanks 1

Report from Epsom. Two separate houses struck by lightening. That was a wild hour or so. Some heavy shot-gun thunder. Absolute soaking, which the ground has needed. Must of had a high cloud top as the light diminished quite a bit, not quite day time darkness! Feels much fresher now.

• Like 3

Yep classic North Kent coast runner southerlies at Canterbury Northerlies at Shoeburyness. Sea Breeze Convergence at its finest 

Fleet, NE Hants. Constant rumbles and the odd boom just skirting to my south. Seen a few flashes too but looks like I've just missed out on the heavier stuff. Rain just pittering down.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yep classic North Kent coast runner southerlies at Canterbury Northerlies at Shoeburyness. Sea Breeze Convergence at its finest 

Eyes on that one near Deal as it moves into the convergence here.

853607135_Screenshot_20200813-165429_NetweatherRadarExtra.thumb.jpg.5a5596a600cce5aac9cb7df532667cbe.jpg

Edited by Jamiee
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Looks like the real heavy bit might skirt slightly to the south. Not seen a single flash of lightning so it must be extremely high up.

Yeh other one was too. It's going to go between me and you. Shall we drive out and meet at Stockbridge lol. Sounds good though. Constant rumbling.started raining here

5 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

Keep your eyes on that one East Anglia

20200813_165103.jpg

Showers seem to be fading once they hit the north sea. I hope this one makes it.

Edited by snowblind
4 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Fleet, NE Hants. Constant rumbles and the odd boom just skirting to my south. Seen a few flashes too but looks like I've just missed out on the heavier stuff. Rain just pittering down.

Pretty much what I've got right now. Pittering lol

• Like 1
Just now, snowblind said:

Showed seem to be fading once the hit the north sea. I hope this one makes it.

Always likely to be the case sadly. If that monster from France couldn't do it last night, a nipper from Belgium is always a long shot. But still... there's a chance.

You hearing any thunder @Jamiee? Hardly anything being picked up on the detectors 🧐

Edited by Harry
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

You hearing any thunder @Jamiee? Hardly anything being picked up on the detectors 🧐

Heard the one rumble and that's it. 

There’s some kind of ground hugging rotation on its southern leading edge. Looks amazing but camera won’t quite do it distance from this far out.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, hurricane-anna said:

Very odd.. rumbles of thunder here, but nothing on the detector??

Nothing unusual there, it's mostly C-G strikes that get recorded, intra cloud or sheet lightning doesn't always show