Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Second day of overhead storms... it’s just gone mental around here. Flashes in all directions with a focus to south east. Massive thunder just now. Constant flickering. Unreal. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

Honestly the intensity of the lightning now is nothing like being in this country. Proper electrical storm

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Blimey Iv never seen thunder lol, Nar storms seem to forming all over the place now, I’d say anyone could catch a decent light display tonight

Sorry let me correct my self!!i meant lightning🤣🤣

Can see the lightning from Gloucester looking north. Constant flickering, very jealous right now

36 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

All dead down here and not even enough clear sky for meteor showers 

It's  really quite odd isn't it ?  We've been absolutely sweltering for days, some local stations were reporting temperatures of 35c today. Storms just across The Channel in northern France die out as soon as they try and make the crossing yet further north in the UK it's a storm fest.

• Sad 4

I can see cloud flashes coming from the South and all along the horizon to my West o_O  I.... I just don't know where to look!!!!

23 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

When the Faroes and Shetland slaughter you for Storms you know it's not gunna, happen really 😕

Screenshot_20200811_215657_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.jpg

Chin up, there's still 2021  to look forward to.

Or 2022....or 2023....

• Sad 1