Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

I can assure you the netweather lightning sensor isnt seeing most of the strikes I am seeing over Daventry/Rugby

2 separate cells spiking between each other.

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 3
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Hambo-Kun said:

The main core of the Brum storm has turned slightly left and heading away, it looks like it'll heading towards Market Drayton.

i live in congleton and it seems like every storm heading towards us randomly turns away and heads off somewhere else. every. single. time.

1 minute ago, Azuremoon2 said:

i live in congleton and it seems like every storm heading towards us randomly turns away and heads off somewhere else. every. single. time.

I doubt it would have made it this far N without dying off anyway.

4 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

I might get lucky and at least see some distant flashes towards  Eccleshall as it rolls over Shropshire, the lightning seems to be focused left of Penkridge now.

Edited by Hambo-Kun
1 minute ago, Hambo-Kun said:

I might get lucky and at least see some distant flashes towards  Eccleshall as it rolls over Shropshire, the lightning seems to focused left of Penkridge now.

Aye, most flashes to my west, looks Eccy way

The storms over the Midlands seem to be nothing more than convergence initiated. As such, they will probably die quite quickly upon leaving the zone of convergence into more unfavourable conditions.

2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Thunder seen from the south towards kettering and rugby from leicester!!

Blimey Iv never seen thunder lol, Nar storms seem to forming all over the place now, I’d say anyone could catch a decent light display tonight

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

Think there is more chance of me running down my road naked than me seeing a storm here near Chesterfield the storms seem to be going everywhere else bar here 🙄

I'll be surprised if any make it this far north, despite the sultry conditions. Just isn't happening up here.

Just now, Azuremoon2 said:

there does seems to be a line of cells forming between north wales and north west london, if it forms a squall line then it could get very interesting next few hours....

Squall lines form ahead of cold fronts, there will be no squall line here. It's just wind convergence.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, neil_b said:

It’s electrifying all around here now, to the S/SW, SE and E

Literally out of nowhere - incredible