Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Goofus shows storms popping and pushing north through my locale tomorrow from mid afternoon. It must be drunk because we don’t do that here.

Im in the office tomorrow with no air conditioning and not allowed to wear shorts so it is going to be an ordeal - what I would give for a downpour to greet me at 4pm hometime. 

roll trouser legs up! they're not shorts

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

Just now, SNOW_JOKE said:

Give it a hour or two more and nocturnal cooling will come into play, eroding some of the pesky cap that's been over the Midlands for the last 2 days. Hopefully then places further East than yesterday will be getting some cracking storms by 2am.

Let’s hope so. 
When you have such a hot sultry day and you’re left clinging on to a few strikes around you it makes you think what do you actually need for decent storm around here. 

16 minutes ago, Dan the Man said:

Big flashes now from the Buzzard cell.

I’m here, wind getting up but a bit disappointing so far tbh. 

1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

roll trouser legs up! they're not shorts

I’m going to have to I think. Tempted to wear a dress. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Hathers said:

The air outside is so ridiculously humid I just don’t understand why things are not exploding. 

They are here!!

Fingers crossed tomorrow night delivers the goods 🤞🤞🤞 come on SE, don’t fail your parishioners now 🤣

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Hathers said:

Let’s hope so. 
When you have such a hot sultry day and you’re left clinging on to a few strikes around you it makes you think what do you actually need for decent storm around here. 

Tomorrow and Thursday 🤞 😉

• Like 1
Just now, Harry said:

Fingers crossed tomorrow night delivers the goods 🤞🤞🤞 come on SE, don’t fail your parishioners now 🤣

lol the southeast aint gonna get any

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Nick1972 said:

Inbetween 2 cells in Leighton Buzzard...flashes and thunder from both.  No rain yet though 👍

Screenshot_20200811-214355_Chrome.jpg

Pouring in Billington park now!!

• Like 1

The rain has stopped now , been out in the garden and there's plenty of frogs hopping about enjoying it .

Can see the rear of the storm and its flashing lightning every 4 or 5 seconds . Cooler outside but the house is still very hot inside .

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve planned to fly on Thursday and Friday to see my mutate in Cardiff. No doubt it’ll be a no fly due storms... lol