Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
Just now, Azazel said:

Looks like a degree of backbuilding on the radar so probably more to come - though the sky is just a grey mess now so won’t be able to make out any structure.

Will not be complaining though! Probably the rumbliest storm I’ve heard in a decade.

Still waiting to hear the thunder here. Today seems like it's got the potential for Somerset.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

It’s gone quiet. I suspect it’s seen the South coast of Essex and buggered off, like every other storm in the last year or so

• Like 2

Posted

Is that game over!! Or are others on the way. Just rain here just stopped. Looks like something over Salisbury way but only on radar. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
5 minutes ago, Paul R said:

It took me by surprise by how quickly it formed. We had a small thunderstorm pass by around 2pm, then around 3.30pm heard what I thought was wagons being unloaded at the unit next door to where I worked. Popped out for a look and saw a lovely black wall of cloud to the east and south east booming away. Still going now, hoping for a more direct hit later on. 

I know, right? Mad how quick it crept up. I was above the storm just south of Alton which was dying off when I could hear a constant rumbling. Took a few minutes to realise it was just behind me and a different cell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I know, right? Mad how quick it crept up. I was above the storm just south of Alton which was dying off when I could hear a constant rumbling. Took a few minutes to realise it was just behind me and a different cell

I think that storm south of Alton was the one I could hear rumbling away earlier on around 2pm. Pleasant surprise this afternoon to get all that constant rumbling, and a decent splash of rain too - even if the core of the cell was a little to the south.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

And here we go again on Sheppey thunder lightning and rain after a brief brake. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

12z AROME picks up the newly developed storms in Kent and swings them down into Sussex and south Hants between now and 10pm

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul R said:

I think that storm south of Alton was the one I could hear rumbling away earlier on around 2pm. Pleasant surprise this afternoon to get all that constant rumbling, and a decent splash of rain too - even if the core of the cell was a little to the south.

I feel a moany bugger for still not being satisfied lol. I want a direct hit and shaking floors lolol!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Looking distinctly thundery to my south here on the south coast, but I can't see anything on radar

Should be interesting to see if anything appears just off the coast of Christchurch, Bournemouth in the next few minutes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
2 minutes ago, Lance M said:

12z AROME picks up the newly developed storms in Kent and swings them down into Sussex and south Hants between now and 10pm

Sussex.. how far down? *fingers crossed tight* 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
6 minutes ago, Captain Thunderpants said:

Is the lightningmaps website not working? Just seems odd that every storm over Europe and the uk has stopped at the same time

Put 50p in the meter, and they will start back up

Nothing is free these days!

Edited by Southern Storm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Could you show screen shottt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
1 minute ago, Electricmumma said:

Sussex.. how far down? *fingers crossed tight* 

West Sussex. Sorry, should've been more specific! Looking at their current trajectory, I think they'll take a more northward path, but there are new developments on its southern flank.

Watch it all die off now I've said this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
6 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Let's hope the forecast model is incorrect and the storms end up on the correct side of Hampshire.

Edited by Paul R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
Just now, Paul R said:

Let's hope the forecast model is incorrect and the storms end up in the right end of Hampshire.

No not Hampshire, East Sussex 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Going crazy to my NE again. No thunder heard yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I can still see lightning appearing on the continent on Lightningmaps, just none over the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That earlier Medway cell dying a death one behind looks more impressive but probably will suffer the same fate. One near Maidstone looks like it’s growing rapidly and could well outshine the northern two