Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Holy c**p lightning just struck no more than a few hundred meters from my office, whilst I was looking out of the open window. My ears are now ringing. This is the Zeus' revenge for me complaining all summer about the lack of storms in Kent

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

I’m at my Mum’s on the estuary near Fobbing - it’s very black to the south and having a good rumble......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, heat aka summer + snow

Impressive stormy skies west, main storm 10 miles north of my location.

37C43381-04AC-4610-AADD-E3A2CD8168C4.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
6 minutes ago, Blake Allen said:

i would say Guildford/Woking/Basingstoke. Can get to so many places - Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Southampton, Farnborough, London, Gatwick, Farnborough, Reading etc directly. Gatwick area again, so many direct places to get to, including Luton/Bedford, and also Reading.

Arg, the choices. Time to look at Hotel and train pricing, and how long it’ll take.

Posted

I'm hoping Arome is right for later and i see something around 8-9pm - after that, looks like a bigger storm for the Oxford area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
12 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

We need Belgium to start pulling it's weight (but that's not exclusive to the Weather)

HA HA

Can hear the faintest of rumbles some rumbles, the sound must be emanating high up and carrying. Possibly hearing them from the cells about 15miles north east of here. Hoping to get some decent view shortly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

storms starting to break out here now, dog just got walked in time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, Alderc said:

Can hear the faintest of rumbles some rumbles, the sound must be emanating high up and carrying. Possibly hearing them from the cells about 15miles north east of here. Hoping to get some decent view shortly. 

It all went around me, ended up with 0.4mm of drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

looks like it's time again. Thunder heard, already raining, and turning dark. My AM radio is crazy with Loud sferics

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Thunder dropped off big style, quite surprised. Still hearing some but not as close or as frequently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

I can see the dark clouds across the Estuary, slightly too far to hear anything from though

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, Azazel said:

hmmm I'm not too sure - main storm motion appears to be straight west. Might get a moderate shower at some point but I genuinely can't see blandover getting anything more than that today.

The shield has got to collapse eventually. We gave in yesterday so I've had my share now 

Posted
24 minutes ago, Sam Jackson said:

the wind i mean im under a storm base but i thought cold meant dieng storms so why have hot wind at same time?

This thing is mostly dying out now. A rumble every 5-10 minutes. Very high up so once it hits you proper it's just rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I can’t believe this - this whole mass is going to miss me to the south. Don’t get me wrong I’m loving hearing the thunder, but not seen any lightning and not had a drop of rain. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.
11 minutes ago, James175 said:

Holy c**p lightning just struck no more than a few hundred meters from my office, whilst I was looking out of the open window. My ears are now ringing. This is the Zeus' revenge for me complaining all summer about the lack of storms in Kent

Where though? The amount of time I spend going through a profile to see where people are

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

So action in Epsom. eh?  Very little in Reigate down the road. The odd flash and rumble and buckets of much-needed rain. We must be re-establishing the Reigate Local High Pressure Zone.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

Okay clever peoples, I’m in bexhill, can reach anywhere that a train can reach to, and where there’s a hotel/b&b, looking to be really ‘in’ a storm, fed up of these brushing along in the channel but not actually doing anything here for the atmosphere. any ideas on the nearest almost likely location?

The smart money seems to be on Oxford  though doesn't look massively promising just yet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

The wife has offered to take me to oxford in about around 5ish eta around 2 hours would this be a good bet and are there any good vantage points ?