Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Get in the car go drive drive! Can you hear any thunder?

I'm at work haha. I can't hear any thunder no - currently sat under the green and blue detritus from the Winchester cell, but there's no rain reaching the ground here. It's just slate grey and quiet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just heard my first distant rumble 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days
31 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

As expected shield killed what was a decent looking updraught but keep em peeled in Chelmsford as could go mental over you guys not even a measly drop from it. 

Pretty certain gunna, get to 386 days now and edging closer to the magical 400.

Well done to you guys that have left just the 2 standing although the TOD could fall early hours if the modelled Storms come in early hours. 

I think the COS has ripped the guts out of it. It looks in a sorry state now. Was hoping it would head this way. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Sam Jackson said:

this has puzzeled me have some cold breeze followed by hot brezze every other second

Something worth seeing your doctor about perhaps...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Throwing it down in Reigate (at last!) But no lightning nor thunder. No sign of any hail core - waiting for one to finish off what the daughter started on our greenhouse yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms lightning thunder
Just now, Blake Allen said:

Something worth seeing your doctor about perhaps...

the wind i mean im under a storm base but i thought cold meant dieng storms so why have hot wind at same time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Okay clever peoples, I’m in bexhill, can reach anywhere that a train can reach to, and where there’s a hotel/b&b, looking to be really ‘in’ a storm, fed up of these brushing along in the channel but not actually doing anything here for the atmosphere. any ideas on the nearest almost likely location?

• Like 1

Posted

Storms south of london seems to be exploding 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Those storms in the SE are probably going to hit the same areas that got hammered yesterday, W London.. possibly more S London too. Ugh..

Meanwhile 27°C and blue sky overhead all day in N London. Zero convective activity throughout the heatwave. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Looking at the radar and seeing what’s happening in Kent in comparison to Essex is very depressing

• Like 1

Posted

Thunder is very frequent but still distant. Hoping to get hit by the train of storms stretching E-W. So pleased I’m hearing some thunder, yaaaaaay!!!!

Posted

It 'looks' spectacular on the rain radar but to be honest there's grey cloud and heavy rain here in Reigate. No thunder and no sign of any lightning at all.

All the thunder I have heard so far has been elevated. I don't think anything has gone groundward.

Finishes typing...crash of thunder.        Typical!

Edited by StormLoser

Posted
1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

Looking at the radar and seeing what’s happening in Kent in comparison to Essex is very depressing

We need Belgium to start pulling it's weight (but that's not exclusive to the Weather)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Those storms in the SE are probably going to hit the same areas that got hammered yesterday, W London.. possibly more S London too. Ugh..

Meanwhile 27°C and blue sky overhead all day in N London. Zero convective activity throughout the heatwave. 

I'm probably not reading the charts correctly but it does seem like there could be a chance that they start to move a bit more northwards over London in the next few hours. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

Okay clever peoples, I’m in bexhill, can reach anywhere that a train can reach to, and where there’s a hotel/b&b, looking to be really ‘in’ a storm, fed up of these brushing along in the channel but not actually doing anything here for the atmosphere. any ideas on the nearest almost likely location?

There's not really a lot in these storms. All elevated lightning and pretty much invisible.    

• Like 1

Posted

Just a quick reminder, if those with Netweather Extra subscriptions would like to try out the latest pre-release version of the V8 radar (this one can be installed as an app), please drop me a pm.

Posted

I guess I pin my hopes on the cell east of Dorking maintaining intensity and growing into an absolute unit. Look how stretched that Winchester cell is.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

i would say Guildford/Woking/Basingstoke. Can get to so many places - Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Southampton, Farnborough, London, Gatwick, Farnborough, Reading etc directly. Gatwick area again, so many direct places to get to, including Luton/Bedford, and also Reading.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Small but noisy storm, shortlived near/above us, ended about 15 mins ago and lasted just as long. Beautiful heavy summer rain now, still very hot and with sunshine at the same time. It's been years since a hot summer thunderstorm like this. Everything very hazy above so hard to make out anything but I can still see areas of convection bubbling up. 

Posted

Continuous rumbles to my South - not convinced  I’m going to get a direct hit. Not seen any flashes yet but to those under it I’m getting reports it’s phenomenal 

• Like 1

The sun is about to come out again, will be interesting to see what temps and dew points do. AROME's done amazingly well with the current batch of showers, it has a secondary line breaking out almost overhead between 5-7pm.