Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
14 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Today is the day. Estofex level 2. My body is ready.

Heatwave broken by light patchy rain moving up from France!

Jeez, what has happened in recent years to our imported storms?

Summer after summer as a kid I used to stand with my Dad on the beach watching storms over France tracking across the channel( usually two or three times per summer)

Even remember the words on the shipping forecast synopsis.

'Thundery low Paris ( or some other part of Northern France/Biscay) expected Isle of Wight ( or some other Southern uk part) by 0500.) They very often used to arrive by midnight.

I can't really cant see the SE coasts benefiting from the home grown stuff predicted for Southern counties today?

Edited by sunnijim
  • Like 3

Posted

Having a cheeky glimpse at Arome earlier suggests storms moving slightly to the north of me, east to west to you guessed it - Wales.

Posted
14 minutes ago, SnowBear said:

Geesh, killing the day off before its even started lol

Hilarious when people do it! Last night near here storms developed from nothing at 21.50 to torrential by 22.10! Similar to many others elsewhere all week so far.

• Like 1

Posted

Some brief, but heavy, rain here (Folkestone) around 3:45am dropped 6mm. Not a lot of thunder in it but plenty of lightning. 
Woken to sunny skies and 21.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
14 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I notice the breeze seem to suddenly get up last night and it seems to have been associated with this feature crossing overhead at about 13 seconds into my timelapse

Looks like a gust front? Great capture. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Estofex have us under a level 2 warning ⚠️.

It means nothing though does it and is once again like the Met Office pure lazyness. Why not split the Level 2 into 2 parts and actually have a look at a bit of Meteorology. It's plainly obvious the flow is slack and these Storms will feed off each others outflow and along convergence lines. The one on Europe from Germany through to Belgium, the one in the UK London area across to Wales. The Met Office are the same lazyness and just slap a yellow risk box for 8 days when it's clear the plume of lapse rates and shortwaves would destabilise over Western parts first. At least other agencies actually put a bit of work into their forecasts including our very own Nick F - Dan at Convective Weather and Paul at Torro

It just winds me up as a lot of folk on here who are just starting out in this hobby get hoodwinked

Rant over on a positive note for Wales and the South Midlands and C Southern UK skies are clearing to my east. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

It means nothing though does it and is once again like the Met Office pure lazyness. Why not split the Level 2 into 2 parts and actually have a look at a bit of Meteorology. It's plainly obvious the flow is slack and these Storms will feed off each others outflow and along convergence lines. The one on Europe from Germany through to Belgium, the one in the UK London area across to Wales. The Met Office are the same lazyness and just slap a yellow risk box for 8 days when it's clear the plume of lapse rates and shortwaves would destabilise over Western parts first. At least other agencies actually put a bit of work into their forecasts including our very own Nick F - Dan at Convective Weather and Paul at Torro

It just winds me up as a lot of folk on here who are just starting out in this hobby get hoodwinked

Rant over on a positive note for Wales and the South Midlands and C Southern UK skies are clearing to my east. 

I agree, but it is better than sod all! ;)

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

I agree, but it is better than sod all! ;)

And 'sod all' is precisely what we've had, over here!:crazy:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.ccbeba57eafd5ab6ae68cdd1935645c9.png  xx_sat-en-330-0_2020_08_13_06_35_5129_121.thumb.png.fec1461e60ec977b51ab3dd41adcddaa.png

Early morning rumbling outside of Chelmsford this morning! 

• Like 2

Posted

Thundery Showers already popping up in North Essex heading into South Suffolk. Was quite refreshing here yesterday Afternoon/Evening. The Batch of Storms that merged to the West of here began drawing a breeze behind it. First evening in ages it was actually pleasant sitting in the Garden. Me and my Girlfriend (Stella) had a lovely hour together. .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
14 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

You not optimistic for our parts today @Paul Sherman? Increasingly active storm approaching the Kent coast currently 

Posted

Lightning in Colchester, big bang with it fairly close, Layer Road/Bounstead Road area. 

• Like 3

Posted

So close yet so far Looking good for today it seems

Posted

Good morning everyone - terrible nights sleep. Loving the cooler and fresher conditions this morning - its a godsend!

Conditions prime once again, but more towards the South Midlands and South & East England today.

If there was an additional windshear ingredient...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Storms have slided past here once again!!! Let’s hope we have more luck later

• Like 1

Posted

Yh can see Towers all across the North Western and Northern Skyline but a good 40 miles away and well away from the COS these should trundle across the South Midlands later. The attempt in the Estuary well let's just say I have seen angrier Cirrus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any description.
26 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

100% agree, to have a weather warning over the whole country for 7 days when clearly some areas were far more likely than others is just ridiculous. Quite amateurish compared to the detailed forecasting from Nick F.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Well what a fantastic night here in Swansea.  Started off with a big cell to the north then from midnight had two very heavy cells push through and develop out of nowhere. Lots of lightning strikes but hardly any showed up on the detectors......do they not show up cloud to cloud or something?

Hoping for another round of storms tonight maybe

• Like 1

Posted

Most models have been shocking for storms this morning across the south east!!gfs and arome for 7am were waay off!!just shows in these scenarios fi can be just 6 hours away!!on a more p****d off note the low cloud is back once again