Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Things seem to be intensified quite a bit to my S and SE now

Posted
15 minutes ago, T4Toby said:

Hope something comes from Somerset because at the mo my chances are looking thin 

MetO app shows new cells forming to the east of the Gloucester storm and moving east / south east towards S Wales then eventually to the east of Swansea area before moving offshore around 9-10pm.  It's not been very accurate today but it has consistently shown something similar.

Posted
5 minutes ago, James86 said:

I get both points. It's fair to have a moan, but at the same time it's difficult to catch up with all the meaningful interesting posts at a busy time. There is a no storm club post afterall. 

Whos to say we are in that club hmmm? Freedom to post anything storm related here silly goose 

• Like 1

Posted

Temps are slowly going down, Dewpoint is slowly rising at the same rate. Exactly what happened at the exact same time yesterday *rubs hands together in gleeful anticipation*  Can also see a blob forming between Stone and Uttoxeter.  Hopefully some orthographic lift from the southern tip of the Pennines foothill's will push it in the 'right' direction  

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
2 minutes ago, T4Toby said:

What if (and this is a massive what if) all the storms in Wales combine with the front of storms coming from London and combined with each other. It just kind of looks like this is beginning to happen on radar 

Sort of looks like that atm if they keep going, Don't know why we have an Amber warning in Lancashire as we just seem a little too North for the main event. One to watch though

Posted
2 minutes ago, T4Toby said:

What if (and this is a massive what if) all the storms in Wales combine with the front of storms coming from London and combined with each other. It just kind of looks like this is beginning to happen on radar 

One of the models, can’t remember which, did model a massive MCS over Wales, so could happen.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, It's a Philcast said:

Diddly squat here in Bromsgrove apart from storms rattling around our outskirts...i'm off for a road trip inabit.

False alarm...winds picked right up now and raining big splots!!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, virtualsphere said:

MetO app shows new cells forming to the east of the Gloucester storm and moving east / south east towards S Wales then eventually to the east of Swansea area before moving offshore around 9-10pm.  It's not been very accurate today but it has consistently shown something similar.

I have been checking sat24 radar, and seeing cloud developing to the South of the main development, this is now evident to be producing more torrential Downpours much further South that secondly thought. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Wind really getting up in south brum.Thundet all round but not a spot of rain

20200812_185049.jpg

20200812_184954.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Watching this one bubble out of nowhere - this is from hedge end looking north east ish. Currently we have a slight breeze and still 30.8c - I’m interested in the rain from France, really desperate for rain here and want a night off of watering the garden! 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
2 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

Whos to say we are in that club hmmm? Freedom to post anything storm related here silly goose 

Shhh, you’ll get told off by the anti-southerners moaning cell...  

Back on topic, has anyone looked at the french storms recently? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Happy with my call earlier, even though it’s massively annoying for myself personally. Not a satisfying told you so at all. 

30-50 miles south of Birmingham, Gloucester/Worcester. The exact areas getting slammed. 

64E47FA8-3C2C-4D36-8737-0D3F62C133A5.png

• Like 1

Posted

Made it to Hopwood Park Services on the M42, just south of Birmingham, storm approaching with long rumbles of thunder 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
15 minutes ago, Lynxus said:

Never seen anything like it.

Fabulous... but next time can you turn the strings of garden lights on 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
1 minute ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Happy with my call earlier, even though it’s massively annoying for myself personally. Not a satisfying told you so at all. 

30-50 miles south of Birmingham, Gloucester/Worcester. The exact areas getting slammed. 

64E47FA8-3C2C-4D36-8737-0D3F62C133A5.png

had nothing in Brum yet. VERY Windy niw though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

It'll be interesting to see whether this thundery mess coming into the channel will break apart as per models; the likely outcome, or defy the odds and make it over. Obviously I'm rooting for the latter! There's so much energy available that it'd be disappointing to see it not feed from it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Unfortunately things are developing just a little too far to my west. Matter of miles. It has gone pitch black.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, virtualsphere said:

Ok thanks so it’s not time to give up yet then

• Like 1

Posted

Very pleasant 23c here after the storm passed through....a drop of 11c for which I was grateful having to teach right then. Still very dark to my West. Incredible to think nothing was on a few hours ago