Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, Lynxus said:

Never seen anything like it

Shame you haven't got an automated rain gauge, I would love to have seen the rain rate.

Posted
Just now, Liam Burge said:

How do I do this? I'm new.

Thanks

At the top of the page you'll see a drop down box with your name, click it and select profile. At the top of your profile is a button that says edit profile, location is in there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
Just now, Mitch perrott said:

Your whining rn

My thoughts precisely. I resent the implication that I am behaving like a toddler, how rude and personal and uncalled for. If poster doesn’t like what he’s reading then stop reading it and move on. Simple right? We don’t tell a stranger in the same train carriage to shut his mouth because he moaned about something, so it shouldn’t happen here either. 
grr. Now I’m wound up. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
1 minute ago, snowblind said:

wow! Crazy stuff.

at one point the water falling from my roof was just standing still and even going upwards there was that much wind!!!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

AROME 12z does however break out storms (rapidly) across the SE between 03z and 06z - exact positioning will of course be key to fortunes...alas (bit like today) I could be 10 miles or so out of luck (this time to the west)

F046E1FD-5310-4A65-8DEC-BABA3AAA9C5B.png

So passes the south east then storms form in east anglia

Posted
1 minute ago, oliverek7 said:

We’ve still got Thursday/Friday with an even greater focus on the south and then an event potentially coming up from the south on Sunday into Monday 

The window is shrinking though - last week it was ooooh Monday looks tasty, then it was tuesday, then wednesday and now its tomorrow etc. I can promise you now, nothing will happen here. I'm gonna make the call now. Storms forecast for here means supercells for Liverpool. 

I'm not even mad, forecasters should just remove North west hampshire from the map.

Posted
1 minute ago, Electricmumma said:

My thoughts precisely. I resent the implication that I am behaving like a toddler, how rude and personal and uncalled for. If poster doesn’t like what he’s reading then stop reading it and move on. Simple right? We don’t tell a stranger in the same train carriage to shut his mouth because he moaned about something, so it shouldn’t happen here either. 
grr. Now I’m wound up. 

Ignore the haters darling

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Liam Burge said:

How do I do this? I'm new.

Thanks

Click the down arrow next to your name at the top of the page. Select Profile then edit your profile and add it in there.

Posted
2 minutes ago, SalopWatcher said:

Take loads of vids of this, but most to big to host on here ATM but been sitting in a pool watch explosive cloud development. Mushrooming up! Will try and get some of the better ones up later. Before the second time this week with storms can say o have never seen that in the UK 

This is the storm heading north west of shrewsbury. Getting more active. 

IMG_3897.MOV

Holy poop at how FAST that thing is visibly growing o_O who needs a time-lapse when they are growing That Fast!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Blake Allen said:

If this makes it across the channel I will be surprised. I am on the seafront myself in Hastings. Will shelter under Bottle Alley (furthest end from the pier probably) to watch it roll in if anyone fancies it! Message me.

Usually dies out as it approaches Hastings.

Screenshot_20200812-184117_WeatherMaps.jpg

I never thought about lurking in bottle alley; too far for me on me tootsies though so I’ll stick to lurking in and Edwardian shelter on the prom

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

We are going to moan. If you don’t like it, move on by and comment on something else. You can keep your hot and sunny, heat makes me unwell. And It’s not just hot and sunny, it’s relentlessly hot, sweltering, and for some of us the longer it carries on the worse it gets, The iller we get. the aches and pains, the exhaustion, the tight throats, pounding headaches, the palpitations, the blood pressure rises, the sleepless nights, the sleep deprivation madness,  it’s hell for some of us, and why shouldn’t we want to enjoy what one would normally expect from a period of such intense heat? I love a thunderstorm and it’s the only thing that keeps me physically going through a heatwave, the knowledge of the relief at the end, the spectacular explosion that clears the air and the head and settles things back where they belong. 

rant over. 

I get both points. It's fair to have a moan, but at the same time it's difficult to catch up with all the meaningful interesting posts at a busy time. There is a no storm club post afterall. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

Ignore the haters darling

Lol thanks at least it’s entertained me for five minutes, more than the sky has. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

I'm back from venturing out to the field to embrace the storm and wow. Drenched is not the word... my t-shirt and joggers and trainers are soaked right through. I could barely see 2 metres in front of me for the curtain of rain and it was hammering it down so hard that the rain felt like hail (even though it wasn't). The roads and some paths here are rivers, the local boozer are sweeping out water from the inside (even though they're on the top of a hill).

The thunder was awesome to hear, sadly because of the 'curtain of rain', I couldn't properly see the lightning - like I saw flashes, but nothing fork-like.

Certainly was impressed with that.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, oliverek7 said:

We’ve still got Thursday/Friday with an even greater focus on the south and then an event potentially coming up from the south on Sunday into Monday 

Yeah, I hope that's not the imfamous "Thundery rain" that turns out to be just rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
7 minutes ago, Lynxus said:

Never seen anything like it.

Just looks like heavy rain / hail and gusty winds - possibly gust front. Seen it before, prior to being storm starved.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, oliverek7 said:

I think some people just annoyed because there is so much energy aloft that anything that develops will become very strong and alot have suffered with the heat the most overnight in the southern counties.

I think Thursday could be genuinely interesting still for the south but beyond that we are morphing into thundery rain territory with nothing all that interesting bar maybe the odd rumble.

Whether that will satisfy people probably rests on tomorrow.

I was at my parents today so missed the huge storm that blew up, but it really was a stunning looking system even from the south coast. No complaints here.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, James86 said:

I get both points. It's fair to have a moan, but at the same time it's difficult to catch up with all the meaningful interesting posts at a busy time. There is a no storm club post afterall. 

fair enough I get that. 

I just skim read over the stuff that doesn’t look important to me, and read back later on.  Most of the ‘moaning’ is light hearted interaction. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Lynxus said:

i think we are in a tornado!!!

Tree down podsmead 

FB_IMG_1597254803398.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

What if (and this is a massive what if) all the storms in Wales combine with the front of storms coming from London and combined with each other. It just kind of looks like this is beginning to happen on radar