Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

This is such a weird feeling. The outflow has just arrived ahead of the ‘shower’ and it’s really really warm. I don’t think I’ve ever seen or felt gusts of wind so warm!

I felt that too here just before the thunder started. Was weird, didn't expect the wind to be so warm, but then again it did get to 34c here earlier.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

On the way to you. The white shading on the radar was heading straight for us..but went ‘nah’ and slid to the south, over the Chilterns. Couple of loud roars, bit of lightning, but never ‘let rip’ as such. 

Cap has just popped here, so fingers crossed  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

On the way to you. The white shading on the radar was heading straight for us..but went ‘nah’ and slid to the south, over the Chilterns. Couple of loud roars, bit of lightning, but never ‘let rip’ as such. 

I was just going to post something similar bud....the Leighton Buzzard storm shield in full effect lol Watched the radar and as you say it got just to the SE of us and then proceeded to head west lol Couple of decent CG's though 

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Looks like we are in the clear here today. Most of the action further S.

That northern initiation edge IS creeping Northwards though,  so I'm crossing my fingers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

rad.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Really sad, news has come out that so far three people have been pronounced dead from that train derailment in Stonehaven. Hopefully this number doesn't continue to rise.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective, Snow

Hey everyone, just started an all night stream here just to the West of Birmingham pointing West if anyone in the SE wants in on the action! 

twitch.tv/calayte

Edited by Calayte
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Bl**dy Chilterns Storm Shield is really f****** me off, every time

Screenshot_2020-08-12-17-05-27-08_ab202266bd43cd017634ab281705a9cc.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

This has just started rumbling. :yahoo:

EFE890F2-BFB1-41BD-98CA-BBABB5A7907A.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Honestly, when you are 15 miles away from Storms of a lifetime, I’d sooner be 125 miles away. 

EVERY single storm this week has weakened miles away and strengthened just miles to the north, south or west. Today is going to be a conveyor belt of storms slipping south and west by 50 miles or so. 

still in Rugeley? Certainly hit here last night, but missed all on Mon night

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, andy989 said:

My street just been hit, powers gone. Next storm is even bigger, constant roar coming from the south. Really sounds like a USA storm

Where, I've just got back from Groeslon and it was dry and thunderless

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Think I just caught a +CG. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can see towers to the north and west but not in the direction of travel to reach here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

The areas over Northern France seems to be expanding very quickly. Could get very interesting later for the South! Fingers crossed

Hopefully! Might be able to see my first glimpse of thunder after having no hope.

I started today with a mindset that I'd most likely see thunder as I had heavy showers and storms barrelling towards me in forecasts, since then all forecasts have just been saying that my area (Taunton) will be missed by everything. Hopefully I might be able to see something today! 

• Like 1

Posted

Probably gonna get lost amongst everything that going on but here the footage from the 2nd Cell!

Came in directly behind the 1st cell, just past midnight. This was when thing's went INSANE (and scary). Positive strike, after positive after, positive strike (unfortunately missed the one that burned it's negative afterimage into my eyeballs as it happened just before I started filming  ). Blindingly bright flashes and thunder shockwaves so powerful that it was not just causing the windows to bow in slightly (I had my hand up against the glass and could feel it moving inwards with the pressure wave), but also causing the internal house doors to rattle as well as making the entire house creak! The sounded more like explosions than thunder! o_O

I'm wondering if the first storm that was sending bolts into this one had some sort of affect on the electrical charge???

This was when the rain and wind really picked up, tried to get some footage of the biblical rain in front of the garden light but my cam just isn't good enough Some really nice Lilac and Electric blue flashes though, as it passed directly overhead.

• Like 4

Posted

Must be a lot of Cape about. As can hear rumbles of thunder the past hour now but no storms nearby. Whether it's too strong to trigger something or if it's still building on