Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted

Wheyyy just heard a big old boom from the ‘Whitchurch’ cell - I’m like 10 miles away but it’s as good as it gets here in Blandover.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

The UKV modelling things fairly well currently, will be interesting to see how everything plays out later - the 12z has the storm starved Southeast in play in the early hours..

ukv1.png ukv2.png

radar1.png

On another subject, for those who subscribe to Netweather Extra, if you'd like to try out the latest version of the V8 radar, which can be installed as an app on your device, please drop me a pm..

Starved South EAST lol , nothing in south wales from Carmarthen alway to bristol. Not a sausage and looking at the UKV its going to be another bust again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
Just now, PolarWarsaw said:

Yes a real shame and for those of us that almost impossibly got shafted every day this week I’m Staffordshire, today’s the last chance at the really wild storms.

Some nice lightning last night, but to miss out with only glancing blows is infuriating. Deeply disappointing week here.

Atleast you had some lightning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just wish I had a better view to the east as the limited amount I can see looks decent. 

1C1E845F-3366-4D10-8ACD-359C71E9498E.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Lightning around mould now. It’s still slowly creeping northeastwards.

I look at WRF and I see 850MB winds are  SE but higher up than that it’s more of an SSW flow so not sure which level people are seeing the ESE vector steering the storms supposedly?

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, PolarWarsaw said:

Yes a real shame and for those of us that almost impossibly got shafted every day this week I’m Staffordshire, today’s the last chance at the really wild storms.

Some nice lightning last night, but to miss out with only glancing blows is infuriating. Deeply disappointing week here.

Well I can't grumble mate. I had the storm of a lifetime last night but yeah, I do feel for those who missed out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Skies looking very juicy, still rumbles to the North of here. More action already today than previous days and still this evening looks like when its gonna kick off big time in other parts.

117424967_3737930796220360_8230122552442597404_n.jpg

117438150_596188611079530_2322057134506977397_n.jpg

117444310_328768334829150_1758891500123170337_n.jpg

117288203_1200178320348943_2454202111361051257_n.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Dark to the left of me, anvil to the right.... stuck in the middle with....not much!! Cmon you bugger, deliver just 1 bolt!

20200812_164356.jpg

20200812_164405.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Paul said:

The UKV modelling things fairly well currently, will be interesting to see how everything plays out later - the 12z has the storm starved Southeast in play in the early hours..

ukv1.png ukv2.png

radar1.png

On another subject, for those who subscribe to Netweather Extra, if you'd like to try out the latest version of the V8 radar, which can be installed as an app on your device, please drop me a pm..

That’s encouraging! Thanks Paul - I noticed the MetO prediction is hinting at something like that (I say hinting in that on the next 6 hours or so have updated) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
4 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Yes a real shame and for those of us that almost impossibly got shafted every day this week in Staffordshire, today’s the last chance at the really wild storms.

Glancing blows? Some us would just like a small tap on the shoulder!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Had a few rumbles and flashes here and a few drops of rain but as expected all drifting west north west and not expecting much else however at least I got something! I really hope those further e/se get something after an exceptional week of temps and if they do maybe a few more storms will drift in this direction rather than being a spawning ground again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Just now, Norfolk Sheep said:

Honestly, when you are 15 miles away from Storms of a lifetime, I’d sooner be 125 miles away. 

EVERY single storm this week has weakened miles away and strengthened just miles to the north, south or west. Today is going to be a conveyor belt of storms slipping south and west by 50 miles or so. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I would be happy with a tickle!

• Like 1

Posted

afternoon you lovely storm loving folk .... i have just thrown up a live stream for the next 24 hours  from westbury wiltshire ..its pointing north west ..it may come in handy later ..and its with audio when the storms arrive ...  enjoy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Feels like the main part of the storm has passed over here. Still lots of thunder, almost constant rumbles, and some decent lightning, but looks like the main bulk of it was south of me between here and Alton. Hoping it won't be the last of it this evening as there's some more cells building behind this which I'm hoping develop as they move this way.

Posted

This is such a weird feeling. The outflow has just arrived ahead of the ‘shower’ and it’s really really warm. I don’t think I’ve ever seen or felt gusts of wind so warm!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.
14 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Can hear rumbles from that beast, but atm the towers here are collapsing ?‍⚕️

On the way to you. The white shading on the radar was heading straight for us..but went ‘nah’ and slid to the south, over the Chilterns. Couple of loud roars, bit of lightning, but never ‘let rip’ as such. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Just had a massive boom of thunder

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Oh a up what’s that then something just developed over Wigan. That will be too far north of me hahaha come on I need Runcorn

Posted
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s encouraging! Thanks Paul - I noticed the MetO prediction is hinting at something like that (I say hinting in that on the next 6 hours or so have updated) 

They'll likely be using the UKV, so makes sense  

• Like 1