Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

West London towers seen from the south coast

B243668E-6F2D-4039-A48F-9B73F7243203.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm north of Newbury and surrounded by towers. They seem to be capped,tho

Showers die when they reach the valley of death,  but if the cap goes here we could have a massive cluster of storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Things getting going here in Basingstoke now. Just had a small elevated storm develop and move over, giving out frequent rumbles and some heavy rain, and more heading in. The view to the east is quite menacing at the moment. Loads of explosive development within the last hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.
5 minutes ago, saint said:

Wow! It's really kicked off in the last 5 mins. Torrential rain, with some hail mixed in, strong winds and a plenty of lightning. 

Can hear it all and in Luton, but here the radar shows us in a little hole surrounded by all the action! Very frustrating...

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I'm a bit concerned about the level of westerly motion to the storms as opposed to yesterday. It may screw us here.

41 minutes ago, Dan the Man said:

Unlikely unless they fancy expensive repairs!

Last night at LTN they switched the runways around because of this landing into a tailwind, but wind is too strong for that at the moment.

Well they've been taking of on 09R so would have been heading straight into the base of the Twickenham cell. I think they've actually off on take-off for 5-10mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

If there is anywhere one could reach on a train, from East Sussex, with something like a Travelodge, that looks like a good possibility of a storm either direct or near enough to watch/listen.. where would it be? I have two excited young storm enthusiasts who are dying to see something, but without a car I’m a bit stuffed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Just now, summer blizzard said:

I'm a bit concerned about the level of westerly motion to the storms as opposed to yesterday. It may screw us here.

I would be VERY surprised if anything made it north of stoke. There’s a storm 10 miles south of me here (yet again, we are getting SCREWED) and that’s not making it any further north. I’m 25 miles north of Birmingham. I’m expecting to stay dry and storm less, too much of a westerly element. 

Somewhere in a line south of Birmingham into towards Worcester is going to get slammed tonight. Further north than that? 

Can’t see it. If I’m too far north then Leeds, Manchester, Stoke, Crewe etc have no chance today. 

An absolutely infuriating week so far here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
4 minutes ago, the storm fisherman said:

The view to my ENE In Chandler’s ford. that is one monster of a thunder head

B7891B3E-72A7-429F-BC55-BE4488821EBC.jpeg

I feel dizzy

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Constant rumbling to the east now, the storm is very close and looks and sounds like its intensifying quickly. Wind has picked up too.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

I would be VERY surprised if anything made it north of stoke. There’s a storm 10 miles south of me here (yet again, we are getting SCREWED) and that’s not making it any further north. I’m 25 miles north of Birmingham. I’m expecting to stay dry and storm less, too much of a westerly element. 

Somewhere in a line south of Birmingham into towards Worcester is going to get slammed tonight. Further north than that? 

Can’t see it. If I’m too far north then Leeds, Manchester, Stoke, Crewe etc have no chance today. 

An absolutely infuriating week so far here.

Leicestershire too far north? 

Posted

Bright sunshine still what with the direction the storm is approaching from, and a really vivid flash of lightning pierced through it. That was...interesting.

Posted

Nice storm with very strong winds just approaching Pitstone in Buckinghamshire. 

Posted

Can See the Anvils of the storms over Birmingham/Wolves!

• Like 1