Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still growing to the NE

0533118E-2FA4-450F-8EA9-C9531C91C8A2.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, richep said:

Where about are you ? The south west definately has had storms this year

This corner of Glos hasnt, two years starved!!! Looking at the way the Cu built today, they started exactly the same place as yesterday, wind direction pretty much the same South of here completely blue, not a cloud in the sky.

We're just the breeding ground for storms now, I hope I'm wrong, fingers crossed

Posted

Storm that formed between Dunsfold and Petworth went over here, the winds were unreal, almost folding trees in half. Not a lot of hail, nor any visible lightning but a constant deep rumble of thunder and biblical rainfall rates.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

Got rain finally nothing thundery though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms lightning thunder
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Still growing to the NE

0533118E-2FA4-450F-8EA9-C9531C91C8A2.jpeg

from where i am it looks like 2 cells are converging into 1 with 1 more to the west of the large one

Posted
Just now, thunderhead 2005 said:

thats a beaut only 25 miles away

I think everything will slide to the north. Our best bet is for anything drifting up from the channel later, but i wont hold my breath!

Posted
19 minutes ago, SqueakheartLW said:

Looks like eastern areas from East Anglia through Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and the NE have the wrong wind direction yet again

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d54ab9ea5e973661df78af7515706653.jpg

Looks like the best place to be is within that red area. Everyone else looks like having to forget it for today. The storm drought for me in Scunthorpe continues on again. They were very lucky in Hull this morning when we fed them a nice storm whilst we missed out

Tend to agree with this! Best chance appears to be tomorrow for EA/Eastern England. It is by no means a given that these parts will see a storm at all during this hot phase, but we shall see. Good to see the other vids and pics though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

I think everything will slide to the north. Our best bet is for anything drifting up from the channel later, but i wont hold my breath!

Storms are exploding along the N coast of France and moving N-NW so there may well be something big later on 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Joneseye said:

Towers going up left, right and centre in the Initiation Zone around Newbury

I'm north of Newbury and surrounded by towers. They seem to be capped,tho

Posted

Huge cluster of cells developing over Surrey, Berkshire and Bucks. The SE is getting the action it was long overdue. 

Screenshot_20200812_155938_com.apalon.weatherradar.free.jpg

Edited by Superstormuk

Posted

Bo Dudley here in martock just a bit of haze but can see the cells over london way from here. They look mahoooosive!!!!  dont think they will get this far,maybe some imports later but not holding my breadth 

• Like 1

Posted

Wales is the place to be with this wind direction, I guess this is why Lincolnshire often fairs so well when the storms are moving NE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Lightning

Building to the East of Southampton. Seems to be heading North West.

375A9878R.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
2 hours ago, island lad said:

Really ?

South coast has been a no go too

you miss the point....southern coastal areas have been in the hunt this week, storms along the devon & cornish coasts and plenty of distant channel lightning displays....the NE however has had very benign weather, no heatwave, apart from an occsional glimpse of some Ac Cas floating around, not one flash (distant or not) rumble or anything remotely resembling thundery activity....thats my point

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

i was thinking, having problems with some of the online lightning map data, i've gone "old-skool"

i grabbed my old radio, switched to the AM band, oh my... listen to those sferics !! - brings back old memories

• Like 2