Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Looking East from North Bristol...

20200812_152725.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Lightning from the storms in Wales seems to be spreading eastwards. Maybe it will join up with the self over the Midlands and all head this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Pics are nowhere near as good as on my DSLR but attached for now all from my IphoneSE. Huge storm looking E over London. Can hear rumbles and just saw a flash. 

160F9D1A-742C-452C-B8DF-15F3C3006EE9.jpeg

5A30B2B2-19C7-4D80-8388-78E27E90B015.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Can see it a bit better now it’s grown. Looking NE

A2A2602F-6FE1-451D-95A9-CAE3E9D04627.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Looks like eastern areas from East Anglia through Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and the NE have the wrong wind direction yet again

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d54ab9ea5e973661df78af7515706653.jpg

Looks like the best place to be is within that red area. Everyone else looks like having to forget it for today. The storm drought for me in Scunthorpe continues on again. They were very lucky in Hull this morning when we fed them a nice storm whilst we missed out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Absolutely nothing over here... But, I guess, being sat under one ginormous heat-dome without a trigger (either orographic, UHI or atmospheric) will do that... Not a cumulus cloud in sight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

lighting maps must be having some server issues. I could not get to the site from a new tab, and the lightning data seemed to stop for a while, and now the map has gone mental... maybe the backlog coming through, or else these storms are going crazy right now

Posted
Just now, General Cluster said:

Absolutely nothing over here... But, I guess, being sat under one ginormous heat-dome without a trigger (either orographic, UHI or atmospheric) will do that... Not a cumulus cloud in sight!

Too near the east coast. Same problem for me. Clear blue sky and no clouds to be seen. Never good for storms in the east when the wind is from any easterly direction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

same here unfortunately.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
1 minute ago, thetipster said:

this afternoon visible  

SmartSelect_20200812-153611_Samsung Internet.gif

Is it that annoying piece of crud left over from that mcs that’s been lingering further SE of London preventing more convection from taking place??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

An incredible lightning on the radio, impossible to make out individuals strikes just sounds like a constant Krakle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Wondering if that line of explosive storms could drop a nice outflow boundary and spawn something further east - did read somewhere (think it was @staplehurst forecast) that daughter cells are a distinct possibility today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Constant thunder from Basingstoke cell although not seen any lightning yet. Sky is just full of crazy updrafts now. Finally I'm getting in on the action!