Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

We need time codes and intensity for that model run showing hope. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
33 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

Severe thunderstorm risk for the next SIX days??? Where’s that come from? Surely the ones at the weekend can’t be severe as the heat gets pushed away?

D1D3E19A-7BCE-4F6F-83B3-B5341A431774.jpeg

Oh look - except Norfolk......quelle surprise.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Mitch perrott said:

Bust for the south east idc I'm using the word 

Bit early for all that, despondency notwithstanding. You never know the models may be wrong and if anything does waft in from the south overnight it may sustain...maybe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
Just now, Alderc said:

Is that from the Arome? 

Yes

Posted
33 minutes ago, thetipster said:

simulated IR this afternoon

SmartSelect_20200812-121314_Samsung Internet.gif

UK Size Supercell!!!!!!!!  

• Like 1

Posted

Small storm over Hull before lunch, but it bubbled up and dissappeared again pretty quickly. Sis-In -Law report heavy rain, thunder and lightning for about 20 mins, and radar showed possibly 2 cells

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Hey, can anyone inform me if there will be any severe weather near Taunton?

Some forecasts show that we're going to miss it, and then other forecasts say we're in the prime zone and it's going to intensify right over us.

Anyway, there has been no thunder or rain at all for us, even though some forecasts are saying we're expect in excess of 20mm.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Yes

Its starting position isn't actually too bad, its been miles just 3-4hrs into some of its run in the past few days, seems to have got a good handle on the precip in northern France and only slightly out with the showers currently over the southwest.

However that being said and being very IMBY the run is a complete disaster and for most along the south coasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think it's fair to say when it's all been said and done that the only area this week that wasn't effected by thundery weather was the NE of England....which begs the question, why did I agree to move up here ?... 

Posted
5 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

Yesterday up until 9pm there were 2 small storms over Central England,.. a huge storm moving North across Wales,. 
and lightning strikes dotted around Edinburgh all day,. 

People were saying .. what a disappointing day...... and then formed and erupted a huge storm North of Hereford,. that slowly Trundled  and changed shape.. all the way to Crewe ,. and then to the North East

today looks far more positive earlier in the day,. but even if it's not keep up the hope,. it could be another booming night.

Yep, just before 10pm last night I was sat outside watching lightning from the storm that had passed up over Bromsgrove way, thinking the night was over.

15 minutes later I was under the most intense electrical storm I've ever seen in this country, and that's saying something after seeing the storms over Mid-wales the night before at a distance.  It didn't approach - it just ignited a few miles to the south and east of me.

Looks like there is the potential for the same again today but over a much wider area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Oh look - except Norfolk......quelle surprise.

Aye, NS: both the Triangle and the Cone look like getting sweet F All!

Posted
Just now, A.J said:

I think it's fair to say when it's all been said and done that the only area this week that wasn't effected by thundery weather was the NE of England....which begs the question, why did I agree to move up here ?... 

Lol 

I will raise you the Cone The Triangle and the POS in that debate and latest Meto warnings leave them out going forward so certainly not just the NE 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, A.J said:

And here in sth lincs, been bone dry, breezy and warm, today is clear blue sky, 29c and a nice breeze, not a single storm so far and no forecast of them either. Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Its starting position isn't actually too bad, its been miles just 3-4hrs into some of its run in the past few days, seems to have got a good handle on the precip in northern France and only slightly out with the showers currently over the southwest.

However that being said and being very IMBY the run is a complete disaster and for most along the south coasts.

Yeah I agree I think the AROME model has performed particularly well, maybe even better than the UKV

Posted
1 minute ago, A.J said:

Nothing yet this week here either! Apart from a distant show last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
15 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

There aren't any warnings for the entirety of Europe. A little on the edge of the political spectrum there..

OK

I won't mention that particular topic again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
Just now, TomW said:

Nothing yet this week here either! Apart from a distant show last night.

Been same here and the ground is so dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

I have lots more videos but these are the main ones the two longer ones are the 2 separate supercells, each video gets more extreme as they go on and also I should probably warn anyone who is affected by strobe lighting maybe best not to watch. 

Far too much lightning to do screenshots I might try at some point in the future, but skimming through I caught this 13mins 56 followed by ridiculous thunder, more very long loud thunder around 28 mins D68D0F83-950F-4983-9662-8D8FBC44FD88.thumb.png.f8c9454936387e2ddf179d325e13d28c.png  Around 47+ mins was the first time I got genuinely fearful 51 mins huge gunshot thunder 

this was just a short bit before the 2nd storm arrived 

18mins plus was the next time I was fearful but from 19 mins 40+ the hail etc was the scariest part 

Basically the videos are non stop action and I hope u all enjoy, I will post the rest of my vids from the earlier storms when I have uploaded them ? ? ? 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Latest UKV showing the aforementioned decay..

1279084549_viewimage(4).thumb.png.3eca30e31765618f6d07399b9340b25f.png viewimage.thumb.png.1e61cf411139f07e19ab0959112f9bb3.png

I enjoy watching storms and I enjoy the often cooler period they bring, goodness for the garden etc but do people really like the risk of having property damage from strikes, wind, golf ball damage to cars or flooding? I like watching from a safe distance but when an intense storm is overhead for hours it's a bit much I find. Possibly only me who feels this way!