Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

35 minutes ago, T4Toby said:

AHHAHAHAHAAHAH Metoffice reckon I'm having a storm right now. I can tell you that its lovely and sunny right now 

I live in blackpool and according to metoffice monday night we had mist.

Posted
8 minutes ago, David Hill said:

A very serious question now I guess from me, are we going to see what happened last night over mid wales be more south over M4 corridor. And will it be in the night hours? Daytime storms for me anyway while good just dont have the same pasaz

it will probably be between 7 - 11pm that we will see the storms as they will move westwards

Posted

Can see tall growing cloud in far distance -- seems to be just east of Manchester.  Otherwise views all round are clear though hazy.

Just now, viking_smb said:

it will probably be between 7 - 11pm that we will see the storms as they will move westwards

Fab hopefully they will be towards the 11pm time frame. You will get them before me then so I take a drive to porthcawl and watch out towards cardiff

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not to come across as moaning at all, but can anyone explain this last night? Literally everywhere around my location had the storm explode, grow, burst to life and produce the best storm for years.

Now don’t get me wrong, I did get to see a lot of lightning and it was great to watch, but we should have been a direct hit here at points, whereas the weather literally did anything it could to miss us.

Monday the storm grew south of us and then turned into nothing within half an hour, last night we got a good light show but people 10 miles around of me in all directions are taking about the best storm in decades? Today looks like slightly west of us.

Genuine question....is there something I’m missing? Cannock Chase is 10 minutes up there road and surrounds us in virtually every direction bar an easterly one. It’s hard to see much but I took a radar video and fast forwarded/rolled it back. Watch how everything truly torrential builds all around, fades here and then explodes again.

Posted

Sadly, there is another side to this weather. There's been a serious rail derailment near Stonehaven. A passenger train too. Very likely weather related.

As a rail employee myself, my thoughts go to all involved.

Edited by Gord

Posted
Just now, David Hill said:

Fab hopefully they will be towards the 11pm time frame. You will get them before me then so I take a drive to porthcawl and watch out towards cardiff

porthcawl pier is a good vantage point, I hope its towards the 11pm time as It means i can sleep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A train has derailed near Stonehaven following heavy rain. The Scottish Government are saying it's an "extremely serious incident"

p08ndynv.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Smoke can be seen as about 30 emergency vehicles were called to the scene, near Stonehaven in Aberdeenshire.

I think given model performance over the past couple of days its one great big nowcast situation from right now until tomorrow morning across most of England and Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

Severe thunderstorm risk for the next SIX days??? Where’s that come from? Surely the ones at the weekend can’t be severe as the heat gets pushed away?

D1D3E19A-7BCE-4F6F-83B3-B5341A431774.jpeg

Edited by Oliver Wyndham-lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
3 minutes ago, Gord said:

Sadly, there is another side to this weather. There's been a serious rail derailment near Stonehaven. A passenger train too. Very likely weather related.

quite agree lets hope not many serious injuries from this

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
4 minutes ago, Gord said:

Sadly, there is another side to this weather. There's been a serious rail derailment near Stonehaven. Very likely weather related.

Oh dear it a Hst set and one fatality I'm hearing, my heart goes out to those involved in this tragedy

• Like 1

Decisions to be made for S Wales where to go. Can sit on the coast and watch them roll over Cardiff, or try and get up the Valleys and see them from the hilltops (in my camper). Have loads of time to get into position so can even get to Mid Wales? Any advice?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

Severe thunderstorm risk for the next SIX days??? Where’s that come from

D1D3E19A-7BCE-4F6F-83B3-B5341A431774.jpeg

think somebody there must be on something , i can understand the first half of this week this heat was well trailed and the consequences was well trailed to but after today things cool down and become uncertain to have this put out not only seems over the top but unusually bold for the met who generally dont issue warnings until the first bolt is seen

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

with the Met Office warnings now going on every day until next Tuesday, never seen it before, one whole week of solid yellow storm warnings. I know many places will still miss them. Well good luck to the storm hunters

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dan Martin said:

Decisions to be made for S Wales where to go. Can sit on the coast and watch them roll over Cardiff, or try and get up the Valleys and see them from the hilltops (in my camper). Have loads of time to get into position so can even get to Mid Wales? Any advice?

I am in same boat as you, I am willing to travel if I get enough notice, I can go up treorchy way or even breacon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

30 again today with a feel of 36 (wtf). Dew point 20 and I’m dead 

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ndc Ozzie said:

Oh dear it a Hst set and one fatality I'm hearing, my heart goes out to those involved in this tragedy

agree 100%

• Like 2

Posted

Can see to ESE a belt of lively convection lManchester - Pennines  -- a whole row of boiling clouds.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, thetipster said:

simulated IR this afternoon

SmartSelect_20200812-121314_Samsung Internet.gif

So you’re telling me there’s a chance..

• Like 2