Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Is that all due to colder uppers running over the top of the current bettyswollocksness we currently have at ground-level?

So Mary Hinge tells me She isn’t often wrong

• Like 3

Posted
19 minutes ago, Thebeastfromtheeast said:

About 5 miles north of Caerphilly mate, it really has been depressing here for storms this year and i'm not really getting my hopes up for today either.

Same here ^^ 

Posted

Latest Arome   however unrealible it may be  has  storms  exploding over many places  down the spine of England   up to Yorkshire  and across to Wales

image.thumb.png.a431013c881cfca5b27a195819b9bd44.png

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

So, looks like today is going to be the best chance for us southerners.

I have my camera gear ready and charged, I am able to finish work early, so far so good!

The plan was to travel north and base myself near  Bristol, one problem though, my wife needs me back in Christchurch for 17:45 

And I'm not sure of the timings of when storm are going to break out, the plan was to be in position for the storms in the highest risk area, then head south with the hope of capturing the southern coastal risk later in the evening.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

Nothing really to suggest supercells, high lightning rates, hail and mega heavy rain aren’t indicators of supercelluar structure. Normal TS can produce amazing shows.

Sorry got to disagree, I can confidently say they were supercells there were at least 2 (after 11pm) the storms here last year in June and July were severe thunderstorms and I'm still sure the 1st July 2015 storm was a supercell and these storms were a LOT worse than those, an abnormal amount of lightning, rainfall rates and amounts, storm duration, hail it was dark so I couldn't see it properly but from the sound it was easy to tell it was bigger than the traditional pea size I would estimate marble at least possibly a bit bigger and the fact that was the first time I had been genuinely scared by storms which takes a lot and for myself and many others it was the worst storms they have ever seen. 

3 hours ago, Craigers said:

Parts near Edinburgh have had torrential rain and thunder and lightning for nearly 10hours straight! Now that is EXTREME.

Screenshot_20200812-074006_Chrome.thumb.jpg.22d65fcee8733854a639888740e15674.jpg

Yep I'm under the whites

@Paul could u get radar animations from 8pm - 1am last night for here and a 24 hour animation too, it would be greatly appreciated thanks

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Southern Storm said:

So, looks like today is going to be the best chance for us southerners.

I have my camera gear ready and charged, I am able to finish work early, so far so good!

The plan was to travel north and base myself near  Bristol, one problem though, my wife needs me back in Christchurch for 17:45 

And I'm not sure of the timings of when storm are going to break out, the plan was to be in position for the storms in the highest risk area, then head south with the hope of capturing the southern coastal risk later in the evening.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I don't really think anyone knows where and when these storms are going to break out 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, T4Toby said:

I don't really think anyone knows where and when these storms are going to break out 

Agreed, its a fluid situation, i'm not overly keen on the storms this eve for my reason on page 133, plus i'm in work tomorrow 8-4 so want a decent nights sleep

• Like 1

Posted

Another little clip from last night when the storm was overhead 

In two minds if I should chase today, target area is at least 80 miles away and I can't escape work untill 4pm, also my wallet is taking a hammering on fuel being as I only get 25mpg on a good day, but it's all worth it!!

• Like 4

Posted

Arome  paces a few areas under very high rainfall for around 6 hours   with the main band  stalling  around the middle of the country    but to be honest  will be different next run   with so many variables at play 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

I received four e-mails form the Met Office this morning, warning me of thunderstorms in the South East.

Is this normal?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Sorry got to disagree, I can confidently say they were supercells there were at least 2 (after 11pm) the storms here last year in June and July were severe thunderstorms and I'm still sure the 1st July 2015 storm was a supercell and these storms were a LOT worse than those, an abnormal amount of lightning, rainfall rates and amounts, storm duration, hail it was dark so I couldn't see it properly but from the sound it was easy to tell it was bigger than the traditional pea size I would estimate marble at least possibly a bit bigger and the fact that was the first time I had been genuinely scared by storms which takes a lot and for myself and many others it was the worst storms they have ever seen. 

Yep I'm under the whites

@Paul could u get radar animations from 8pm - 1am last night for here and a 24 hour animation too, it would be greatly appreciated thanks

Soooo, you have stolen all my storms then, Calum?:oldlaugh:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, StormLoser said:

I received four e-mails form the Met Office this morning, warning me of thunderstorms in the South East.

Is this normal?

We won't get anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
5 minutes ago, viking_smb said:

Agreed, its a fluid situation, i'm not overly keen on the storms this eve for my reason on page 133, plus i'm in work tomorrow 8-4 so want a decent nights sleep

Same here, but you only live once!

One nights loss of sleep won't hurt.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
4 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

We've hit 30c here in the death valley storm incubator.  I'd head out to somewhere on the ridgeway later,I think. Panoramic views from there

Not far behind you here.it now 29.3 and dp 19

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Couple of heavy showers now in Cornwall 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

what's going on with estofex?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
1 minute ago, T4Toby said:

Couple of heavy showers now in Cornwall 

Will be radar watching today!