Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, Daniel* said:

We’re baking alive in London and for what you northerners to steal it all

Behave yourself, I'm a northerner now and up here we haven't had a sniff and are not likely to either according to modelling 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

We’re baking alive in London and for what you northerners to steal it all

Classic southern whining 

We're baking here too and with no proper thunderstorm!

Edited by cbish8

Posted

We have had the most intense insane thunderstorm in Stoke I have ever seen tonight. Started at 10 half past and only past 20 mins gone quiet. Shook my whole house, thought I'd comment as I'm always watching the lightening map. I honestly thought the world was going to end sleep time now. 

• Like 1

Posted

This has been one of the scariest, craziest nights of my entire life, I cant even begin to describe what I've seen and driven through, and it's still going! I am actually humbled

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Off to bed ready for the double-dip tomo

Didnt get anything overhead but did see the first dusk storms flare up along the CZ as evening fell. Was a nice storm system

C078A4C7-7BCF-44FC-B953-FFD544B9F0C9.thumb.jpeg.4601413e3dd935724ecd9ec3fef4d44b.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

This has been one of the scariest, craziest nights of my entire life, I cant even begin to describe what I've seen and driven through, and it's still going! I am actually humbled

You need to get out chasing more storms

The storm last year in Birdlip - now THAT was scary

• Like 1

Well that was awesome Lightning finally died down but not before putting on a great show.

As others have described the lightning was mighty frequent at its peak ⚡

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Been out and about enjoying an evening of storms, and wow some of them were beasts. Started off around Stoke then chased up to Holmes Chapel, Congleton and now in Buxton.

Lots and lots of frequent lightning with some good powerful CG's in there and very loud thunder. The rain near to Leek was so heavy I could not see the road. Just the occasional flash and IC crawler now to the North and East of Buxton. Although the lightning detector picking up more lightning around Nantwich and just seen a flash to my south again

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Managed to see some very distant, faint, infrequent flashes around 10 minutes ago to my north. Looks like it has died down now.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

looks like round 2 for stoke, crewe and congleton..this is incredible...

Oh my we've already had multiple rounds here mate, it'll more like Round 4, can hear thunder again even though I'm crashing on the floor tonight on the cool tiles as I'm way too hot in bed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
7 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

looks like round 2 for stoke, crewe and congleton..this is incredible...

The CGs rattle the windows. Jeez.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Jeeeesuss

mcs0.thumb.png.ba0420b8a5ccfd490de11ff097d88f56.png   mcs.thumb.png.a7cda34991cfca56c7e2360b8ef11f53.png

Posted

And to think, that Welsh storm was the thing to trigger all of this off. Crazy. The very definition of a loaded gun atmosphere.

• Like 1

Posted

I think that last blob that just went over us may have tried to put a weak funnel down???? Was lamppost watching the biblical rain and for almost the entire thing the wind was blowing the rain NW-wards up the road, then less than a min before the rain stopped it instantly shifted 180 so it was blowing down the street before completely stopping about 30 secs later.  Wasn't a strong gusty wind though and it stayed the same intensity.  So if it was trying something I doubt that it was close by.

Also I'm beginning to see an uptick in flashes and rumbles to my North again  It had calmed down for about 10 mins  

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
3 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

The CGs rattle the windows. Jeez.

Yeah I'm hearing those in Stoke again, although more distant sounding and less rattle

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Ruck Bodgers said:

Yeah I'm hearing those in Stoke again, although more distant sounding and less rattle

I got a whole load of the house shaking bomb explosions ones that were going off on Cam, hopefully the sound will come through on the vids 

EDIT, Yup, got the weird explosion sounding thunder

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

I think that last blob that just went over us may have tried to put a funnel down???? Was lamppost watching the biblical rain and for almost the entire thing the wind was blowing the rain NW-wards up the road, then less than a min before the rain stopped it instantly shifted 180 so it was blowing down the street before completely stopping about 30 secs later.  Wasn't a strong gusty wind though and it stayed the same intensity.  So if it was trying something I doubt that it was close by.

Also I'm beginning to see an uptick in flashes and rumbles to my North again  It had calmed down for about 10 mins  

Yeah I noticed that simililarly with the rain doing a direction shift just before it calmed down. I also have a flooded drive right by the backdoor that I have to do a wide step over! 

• Like 2

Posted

That huge CG I heard that vibrated the windows was apparently a house being struck I've since heard. No idea of exactly where abouts in the town yet though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

One of the strangest weather events i've ever experienced, still going on over an hour later...

• Like 2