Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
4 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Short answer - no. Not in eleventy billion years. 

probably true. I can’t even be bothered to be optimistic at this point honestly. It’s the same theme throughout this whole summer. North and West for every single event. I’d love to know why it has been those areas that have seen all of the severe storms this year. So unusual. 

Edited by Oliver Wyndham-lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
Just now, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Still going but hopefully it will move away soon, this from my weather station 87621BB9-91CF-493E-983C-C07C2F5C53DA.thumb.jpeg.5aa1be0ba675279fcf94472f1ba974b7.jpeg 129.59mm rain rate !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Despite giving up and heading for bed I'm starting to get excited. It's still building from the rear so not going to die and moving a tad east of North. It will also get uplift from the Pennines.

Anybody know if any model forecasts anything noteworthy tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
3 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

probably true. I can’t even be bothered to be optimistic at this point honestly. It’s the same theme throughout this whole summer. North and West for every single event. I’d love to know why it has been those areas that have seen all of the severe storms this year. So unusual. 

Well, it's been a rubbish year so no reason for that to change I guess. 

Posted

Still watching this beaut as it veers away from Stoke into the other areas, still producing lightening, albeit not as constant with a few thunder rumbles still to be heard

Will see what I can do with recording tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
9 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

well...after moaning that we had no action all summer....WHAT A STORM! 2 hours of constant lightning, CGs, anvil crawlers and brilliant IC'S of purple and orange and continuous thunder...still raging on as it heads NE..but that was fantastic. 

Really is hard to find the words to describe tonight, other than I've never seen anything like it.

The closest would probably be August 2003, staying in a caravan in Rhyl and we had what seemed an all nighter of a storm. 

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just woke up wow flash after flash bang after bang with heavy rain!! 

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Really is hard to find the words to describe tonight, other than I've never seen anything like it.

The closest would probably be August 2003, staying in a caravan in Rhyl and we had what seemed an all nighter of a storm. 

i think that is a fair comment, saw similar in Spain a few years ago but I was over 40 miles away, this time it was overhead, just awarsome power of nature

Posted

So despite this monster STILL going on! I have over 45mins of crappy cam footage.  I'm going to just upload the entire thing raw tomorrow.  But have at ye a small sample  

Also I'm sure we had some sort of microburst during the 3rd storm part to pass over (the first one that actually gave us rain, first 2 were dry here), the trees in the garden were almost bending at 90 degrees

• Like 9

Posted

Oh boy, this could be the best night in Leeds for some time. Rain shadow near Huddersfield is a risk but the core moving east of North while maintaing strength puts it on a direct course for Leeds with red and white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
4 minutes ago, marksp said:

i think that is a fair comment, saw similar in Spain a few years ago but I was over 40 miles away, this time it was overhead, just awarsome power of nature

I've been lucky enough to experience a Dutch supercell, as yet nothing in the UK has come close to that. Five years on and I'm still waiting for something slightly more than one flash every 10 minutes. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Oh boy, this could be the best night in Leeds for some time. Rain shadow near Huddersfield is a risk but the core moving east of North while maintaing strength puts it on a direct course for Leeds with red and white.

mate if its anything like what we just had in Cheshire you are in for a treat, lets hope it keeps its intensity. It is up there as one of the best storms i have ever seen in the UK

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Posted

Absolutely incredible, lightning still flashing followed by reasonably loud thunder as it exits NE, @The PIT it's over to you.  Must try and sleep, up at 6 for work, and in the words of the great Chris Kamara ' unbelievable' jeff.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
2 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

This lightning is mad! ⚡ So frequent

Enjoy! Had a look on the lightning map and there was about ten strikes all at once just south of Sheffield!

Posted

It seems to have developed a tail on its rear. Indicative of spin?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some incredible footage and pics being posted tonight, thank you! So good to see parts of the UK getting battered by proper storms At night, too, reminds me of the 1980’s.

• Like 1