Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
1 minute ago, viking_smb said:

it is cold, and refreshing as well

Don't get me wrong, not complaining! Just doesn't have that humid feel to it ?‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, AMeltedFlake said:

Don't get me wrong, not complaining! Just doesn't have that humid feel to it ?‍♂️

I agree mate, and i'm glad of the cold wind, the house faces towards caerphilly mountain so got the east side windows open to let some air in. 

Edited by viking_smb
  • Like 1

Posted

@Paul Sherman I’m no expert but perhaps there’s a link with the SE naturally being the warmest part of the country which is causing a negative effect on storm development? 

Almost like it’s too hot/dry for moisture to build up? 

I’ve noticed quite a few times storms developing north or west of London growing and intensifying as they move north, with temperatures not being quite as hot as the SE. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
14 minutes ago, AMeltedFlake said:

Was this cloud forcast? Cold here in Wales

Screenshot_20200809-110033_Windy.jpg

According to this morning's NW news update on the homepage, it's murk that's come in from the North Sea and made it all the way to Wales! Not sure if it was forecast. Kind of jealous of those of you under it, as your max temps will now be suppressed, and although you'll likely get the sunshine later, you're having a morning off from the sun supercharging your house with heat, like what is underway here again right now!

Sorry mods, slightly off topic but wanted to reply to that post 

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Here in the SE it's a slightly hazy, humid and hot morning. A little instability mid-level but the air it has that "feel" to it. It's a pretty moisture-filled layer on the ground and I do not feel it would take much to start some action.

If anything crops up, I'll shout!

Meanwhile, repairing that banana patio umbrella yet again...sigh...

• Like 5

Posted

warning out for Thursday Thunderstorms now .. Was it in May or June when there was a week of thunderstorms .. up towards Manchester, Birmingham and Shrewsbury had a good Splash of them too 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Cooler and fresher today here, not as sticky, very thin haze but otherwise blue sky. Some Altocumulus castellanus around last night and this morning, but the breeze here is pretty strong. It's a warm breeze without feeling oppressive. In other words, feels like walking out of a hotel very early morning in Amarillo in May! Hoping for something during this upcoming week!

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

warning out for Thursday Thunderstorms now .. Was it in May or June when there was a week of thunderstorms .. up towards Manchester, Birmingham and Shrewsbury had a good Splash of them too 

The week beginning Sunday 14th June.

• Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, viking_smb said:

tell you one thing, it is a bit fresher and cooler here, with complete cloud cover as well 

Same here in Stoke, Almost completely shrouded in cloud, and the few very small blue patches of sky are very hazy/milky looking, as if obscured by a layer of opaque cloud as well.

Temps are well down too on the same time as the previous couple days, currently around 18C (still climbing but excruciatingly slowly), Yesterday and the day before it was already around 25C or so.  Humidity is up though, 75%ish currently, compared to 45%ish (Friday) and 60%ish (Saturday)

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Same here in Stoke, Almost completely shrouded in cloud, and the few very small blue patches of sky are very hazy/milky looking, as if obscured by a layer of opaque cloud as well.

Temps are well down too on the same time as the previous couple days, currently around 18C (still climbing but excruciatingly slowly), Yesterday and the day before it was already around 25C or so.

Will this dampen the chances of surface based storms today? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Disappointingly cool here too with a fresh breeze, although the cloud is now beginning to burn away so hopefully temp will start to rise.

Looks like western areas are best placed for storms again this coming week, seems to be a theme this year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
7 minutes ago, AMeltedFlake said:

Will this dampen the chances of surface based storms today? 

Nope. There is a cap in place preventing any SB storms regardless

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Forecasts taking the triangle of doom seriously i think you'll all be hoping for zak m's supervision

Screenshot_20200809_124942_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
40 minutes ago, Lance M said:
20200809_day1_featured.jpg
WWW.SEVERE-WEATHER.EU

Isolated severe storms with a threat for severe winds, large hail, and torrential rainfall are possible across England, France, Spain, the southern Balkan...

I don't recall seeing this site before. It's done in the same style as the SPC Outlooks over the pond, but for all of Europe!

Nice focus on the SE with this site then! Noticing this along with gfs and arome all hinting at something interesting this evening!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Probably won’t amount to anything but there’s some nice accas to my NE

1B97F693-EBC9-4DD3-A1BD-0E8B05F1BEAD.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Some nice mid-level instability forming. Don't know if it will progress anywhere yet.

Hot at 28c. I also managed to fix that banana brolly (as featured in bottom of piccie).   

Sky SE.jpg

Edited by StormLoser
  • Like 2