Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 hours ago, samadamsuk said:

No, this is the storms and convective discussion thread, not the expectation management thread... 

Where is this magical thread?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Wow, gorgeous sunset followed by some nicely structured mid-level towers visible under a glowing blanket of Cirrus to my south east. Evenings like this I just adore the sky! #weathergeek

• Like 4

Posted
51 minutes ago, John90 said:

On the topic of disappointment, having an additive personality I have found myself in a seriously bad mood too many times when the storms or snow don’t arrive. When a hobby starts affecting your mental health it’s time to take a step back and remind yourself about what matters! 

Looking forward to the coming week after what has been the most boring summer in memory. 

Sorry but can’t you take up an hobby or interest that doesn’t cause you a mental problem?  There are so many opportunities and interests out there if you just try. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

There been a stream of mid level instability moving from my Southwest to my East for the past several hours. I assume there's nothing forecast for tonight is there? I'm just east of Leeds. 20200808_193209.thumb.jpg.99d6a1ff95ab721f3ea6384499aec36e.jpg20200808_203300.thumb.jpg.47ca562a3029cd19343161e99f8c41eb.jpg20200808_203016.thumb.jpg.1360a1c5fd840adda30d02d2dd13e9c4.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Sorry but can’t you take up an hobby or interest that doesn’t cause you a mental problem?  There are so many opportunities and interests out there if you just try. 

sailing, kayaking etc, can always join a yacht club if you are near to one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I guess this is vaguely on the subject of the thread but the sky looked like this here not long ago

C98A6E8F-903B-4562-B61E-EDBF117BADC2.thumb.jpeg.0c149abcfce0fe710e2c3bbc157de5ac.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Would only get upset about other hobbies....

Back to the topic any ideas how things might pan out tomorrow? Metoffice forecasted precip shows some heavy showers for us southerners tomorrow night starting about 10pm. Edit: not much else on other models other than gfs

Edited by John90
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

I guess this is vaguely on the subject of the thread but the sky looked like this here not long ago

C98A6E8F-903B-4562-B61E-EDBF117BADC2.thumb.jpeg.0c149abcfce0fe710e2c3bbc157de5ac.jpeg

Is this an interlude?  Tough one.  Nice pic though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Anyone know what the latest UKV is showing for the next few days?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

UKV has turned down the exceptionally thundery run (which was the 12z I think) but still shows some action.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Zak M said:

UKV has turned down the exceptionally thundery run (which was the 12z I think) but still shows some action.

Is that because everything is further east or is it hard to tell?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, sheikhy said:

Is that because everything is further east or is it hard to tell?

Some is further north and some just isn't there at all. It's so different from the last run it'll probably be different again on the next.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Some is further north and some just isn't there at all. It's so different from the last run it'll probably be different again on the next.

Yeh i guess its gone be really tricky over the next 5 days!!i hope most of the thundery action happens overnight!!looking really hot around this part of the midlands till thursday!!temps hitting high twenties to low thirties together with storms?☀️⚡

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Yeh i guess its gone be really tricky over the next 5 days!!i hope most of the thundery action happens overnight!!looking really hot around this part of the midlands till thursday!!temps hitting high twenties to low thirties together with storms?☀️⚡

can you put your location on your avatar please, so we know where you are, as it helps with location reporting, other than that I dont think we will have overnight storms, more likely during the day

Edited by viking_smb
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Ok so I’m going out on a limb here but I think this is going to become a ‘thing’ tonight.

F69F362C-C7CE-4E32-BA4B-7CFD5A7CFF7E.thumb.jpeg.6766d24cfcaa7610a24e74cb92b8fcae.jpeg

Give it 2 hours and it’ll slowly work it’s way up towards EA.

Meanwhile, important DJ news: DENIS SULTA ANNOUNCES NEW EP, ‘THIS MOMENT OF SILENCE’

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

GFS is showing fairly widespread thunderstorm potential starting later tomorrow for parts of Wales, the Midlands and N England.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm not entirely sure, but I see a potential capping inversion at around 950hPa. If anything does pop off, i'd expect it to be pretty scattered.

• Like 1