Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

August 2020 C.E.T. and EWP forecast contests

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

16c 100mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

For August temp wise I'm going for 15.5C as for rainfall I'm going 105MM I think it will be a quite a wet month. Thanks

Posted

Im surprised how low some of these are, I think it'll be the best month of the summer, warmer and slightly drier than average:

17.2C and 57mm

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, reef said:

Im surprised how low some of these are, I think it'll be the best month of the summer, warmer and slightly drier than average:

17.2C and 57mm

I agree, I think it will be the best month of summer overall.  The question for me is, will it be around average or somewhat above?

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

A whole 2c out in July’s guess methinks.....shocking 

So I’m hoping this 17.1C will get me back on track

Posted
20 minutes ago, Don said:

I agree, I think it will be the best month of summer overall.  The question for me is, will it be around average or somewhat above?

After what this summer has produced, I would say it’s more than likely to end up cooler or close to average, while being the warmest month of summer 2020.

I think it will be sunnier, but it won’t be a great month. My prediction is for 1 week or maybe 10 days of sunny warm and hot weather, with storms at the end of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
48 minutes ago, Don said:

I have a feeling that this August will end up being bang on average. If that's the case then it will end up being the best out of the summer months this year, though it isn't saying much. Quite similar to August 2012, which was the best summer month that year but was still nothing to shout about.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

16.0C and 100mm.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

1981 was a cool summer, but the August was the best one of the year. 

I certainly don't think this August will be anything to write home about, but could be similar to the likes of August 2002 which was the best month of that summer.  That month had a CET of 17.0C, so was comfortably above average.  Might be a big ask to get a CET that high, but who knows?  Reference to 1981, I would love to see a repeat this year 4 months later!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I have a feeling that this August will end up being bang on average. If that's the case then it will end up being the best out of the summer months this year, though it isn't saying much. Quite similar to August 2012, which was the best summer month that year but was still nothing to shout about.

August 2012 actually ended up slightly above average (16.6 CET was actually the same as Aug 2018), so although not that dry a month, Aug 2012 actually did have a reasonable amount of warm days in it.

Posted
15 hours ago, Don said:

I certainly don't think this August will be anything to write home about, but could be similar to the likes of August 2002 which was the best month of that summer.  That month had a CET of 17.0C, so was comfortably above average.  Might be a big ask to get a CET that high, but who knows?  Reference to 1981, I would love to see a repeat this year 4 months later!

That's why I mentioned 1981 lol. 

I think this coming December could be the coldest since 2017, or even coldest since 2010. If we are struggling to get barely close to average or slightly above months, this could be a taste of things to come.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

That's why I mentioned 1981 lol. 

I think this coming December could be the coldest since 2017, or even coldest since 2010. If we are struggling to get barely close to average or slightly above months, this could be a taste of things to come.

As long as we don't revert back to 'full' summer in September!  I'm now thinking August could well be comfortably above average temperature wise.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

16.9c for me please. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

17.8C and 30.9mm