Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

Haha I’m just yanking your chains. I’m hoping for a warm autumn with some late heat and mellow sunshine and of course anything but a wet windy winter - so cold and sunny would be great with some snow in the run up to Christmas please. 

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Lol all I can say is you’re cold blooded. There was some cool weather in first half of June. I’ve not felt cool once since, you might need to see a doctor.... poor circulation?

my stats below summer so far... not done last week they’d be very happy with that up north.

E7E130FA-F95A-450E-8253-0E79AD81D8A2.thumb.png.8f24ac59c7ac785558376862868f6cd8.png

I am cold blooded. 

And I’m proud of it. ‘Walks off in a sulk’

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
20 hours ago, Azazel said:

Haha I’m just yanking your chains. I’m hoping for a warm autumn with some late heat and mellow sunshine and of course anything but a wet windy winter - so cold and sunny would be great with some snow in the run up to Christmas please. 

I do enjoy the wind but after all the rain we had last autumn and winter (and this summer) it’s time for a change. Fed up of constant grey skies and dampness, I’d like a warm and sunny autumn followed by a sunny and crisp frosty type winter (with snow at times).

Posted
22 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Lol all I can say is you’re cold blooded. There was some cool weather in first half of June. I’ve not felt cool once since, you might need to see a doctor.... poor circulation?

my stats below summer so far... not done last week they’d be very happy with that up north.

E7E130FA-F95A-450E-8253-0E79AD81D8A2.thumb.png.8f24ac59c7ac785558376862868f6cd8.png

Well everyone feels temperature differently. I know plenty of people who feel the cold a lot but there's nothing wrong with them, they just get cold easily.

But yes I would be satisfied if I had those temperatures in summer. 

These are my stats for July. Makes me feel suicidal just looking at them.  Apologies if it's too small, I had to zoom out to fit it all in.

Weather Observations July 2020.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
20 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I am cold blooded. 

And I’m proud of it. ‘Walks off in a sulk’

I suppose the benefit of that is that you won't feel the heat as much during a heatwave. But most of the time you'll be shivering or have to wear warmer clothing than others to stay warm. I envy those men like Markyo who are really tolerant of cold and can wear shorts in winter and have the bedroom window open.

I think in this country (especially up north) it is better to be warm blooded because it's cool/chilly/cold most of the time, whereas if you hate the heat, in most summers it only lasts for three or four days at a time and then its over.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
9 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Well everyone feels temperature differently. But yes I would be satisfied if I had those temperatures in summer. 

These are my stats for July. Makes me feel suicidal just looking at them.  Apologies if it's too small, I had to zoom out to fit it all in.

Weather Observations July 2020.png

Awh yes that is extremely poor my April had better Tmax.

B74ECDD4-FBA9-4076-AF5E-C7D589C19D52.thumb.png.8ec2eb429127253b87844e4d191bdc8b.png

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Awh yes that is extremely poor my April had better Tmax.

B74ECDD4-FBA9-4076-AF5E-C7D589C19D52.thumb.png.8ec2eb429127253b87844e4d191bdc8b.png

Yes my April maxima would have probably been very similar to my July maxima had I been recording then. And April was a very sunny month unlike this July which has been extremely cloudy so April felt nicer from sunshine alone.

Interesting that the month was virtually bone dry apart from the last three days but still managed 83% of your average rainfall. The south east is like a desert compared to the north west. 40 mm is barely anything over one month.

Posted
On 22/07/2020 at 19:22, Daniel* said:

I’m fine thanks. No need for me to see a doctor. It’s perfectly normal to feel cold when temps are struggling to reach 20c in high summer. 

I guess you wear shorts when it’s 10c in winter. Maybe you need to see a doctor. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
16 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I’m fine thanks. No need for me to see a doctor. It’s perfectly normal to feel cold when temps are struggling to reach 20c in high summer. 

I guess you wear shorts when it’s 10c in winter. Maybe you need to see a doctor. 

Indicative of good blood circulation; no need to see a doctor.

• Like 1

Posted

Considering it’s felt like autumn for most of the summer, we might as well just forget the summer thread and post in this thread instead. It’s autumn for most of the year now sadly.

• Like 1

Posted
On 12/07/2020 at 11:01, Wynter said:

It's that time again. As mid summer approaches, we can start speculating on what Autumn may bring.

Will we get a an Indian summer? What will the decent towards Winter bring us?

As always, kudos to the first "this thread is too early" post. Happens every year! 

Not at all, summer (for me) ended on Saturday 27th June. I’ve not reached 20°C since!

Posted
On 12/07/2020 at 11:01, Wynter said:

It's that time again. As mid summer approaches, we can start speculating on what Autumn may bring.

Will we get a an Indian summer? What will the decent towards Winter bring us?

As always, kudos to the first "this thread is too early" post. Happens every year! 

It’s already here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Felt very Autumn like today, but by the weekend it will feel like summer!

Hope we have an Autumn to remember - can’t wait for the colour of the trees to start to change.

If you know where to look signs of Autumn everywhere!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

What an absolutely beautiful autumnal feeling morning it is today! :oldsmile:
Strong sunshine one way, dark glowering stormy looking skies the other, and a wonderful coolness to the air and breeze. :oldgood:

• Like 3

Posted

Slight delay to the local barley harvest/hay cut after the rain. Hopefully it'll stay dry through the week for the farmers.

Saturday is Aug' 1st - nearly there, hang in Autumn lovers !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Looking forward to the heat this weekend. 30c, lovely. Just what we need

As long as it ends with a good ole thundery breakdown. ?️⛈️:oldgood:

... But that’s for another thread. :oldlaugh:

Posted

More leaves on the turn... And the first of this years autumn leaves have fallen! 

Hello autumn. :oldgrin:

7CC6B746-2F54-485C-972F-77ECEC686977.jpeg

8E7169E9-1729-486A-A73A-8FB6C1784F81.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
3 hours ago, Dangerous55019 said:

More leaves on the turn... And the first of this years autumn leaves have fallen! 

Hello autumn. :oldgrin:

7CC6B746-2F54-485C-972F-77ECEC686977.jpeg

8E7169E9-1729-486A-A73A-8FB6C1784F81.jpeg

Nooo!!  I'm not ready to give up on this summer yet! 

Posted

Autumn seems to have started 1 July this year, summer 1 April, 2 months ahead of ourselves until the pause button is set when we hit 1 Oct and again 1 Jan, stuck on Autumn mode.. going to be a long Autumn then..

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 1

Posted

On my way to say good morning to the horses, and I’ve noticed yet more trees just starting to gain their autumn plumage. :oldgrin:

7E8E2F43-84AE-453A-B2E8-C985E03881C4.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Wynter said:

However much I've been enjoying the weather over the past couple of days, I'm now ready for Autumn mists and frosty mornings. Come on Autumn, I'm ready for you.  

Given the very poor July we've had here, I'm ready for summer to show it's hand... a lengthy spell of dry sunny warm weather is what I want sometime before August is out, then I will start to look forward to autumn mists and frost. Before then need to store some vitamin D. 

Misty frosty mornings don't tend to show there hand until well into October usually, September often feels like a summer hangover, yes we start to see chillier dewy mornings with some light mist in the valleys and river hollows, but normally not until October when you feel that first early morning chill of the season.

• Like 1

Posted
On 01/08/2020 at 11:41, Wynter said:

However much I've been enjoying the weather over the past couple of days, I'm now ready for Autumn mists and frosty mornings. Come on Autumn, I'm ready for you.  

Morning @Wynter :oldsmile:

Same here mate... It’s felt very autumnal recently, and I’ve also fully enjoyed it.

Speaking from an IMBY perspective, last night was extremely backendish around these parts. :oldgrin:

Now then, where are these proper cool, misty, early autumn mornings? As I’m certainly more than ready for them. :oldgrin:

• Like 2