Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

The only good thing about November is it hasn't been as wet as October, but I can't remember a two month period where I've had to have the lights on indoors all day so many times. Oh hang on, yes I do, it was last autumn. 🙄

It has been an odd month, the frequent, almost persistent overcast has kept the overnight temperatures elevated, sometimes to the point where there is only a 2-3 degree variation between the max and the min. It has been a month to endure and just get through, at least I will enjoy some of the Christmas festivities in December no matter what the weather does.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 1.1k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd hate to be a thermostat, in a house shared by @markyo and @Azazel!

Today I spent a lot of time studying IOD. I was working out the relationship between IOD, ENSO and MJO.  There is a connnection between IOD and ENSO, mostly during strong events. During weak La Nina I

I've lost my excitement for the heat this year. Not looking forward to the +30°c later this week. I find myself daydreaming about eating toffee apples in the evening while wrapped up snug in temp

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mellow autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Hello everyone, thought I'd just pop in to say farewell to autumn 2020.
    I know it seems strange that the autumn lover here just disappeared back in August, but I hold my hands up... Having sadly lost my Dad back in April, (nothing to do Covid) and my Mum not being well, and so having to look after her; lets just say that I wasn't in a good headspace and decided to take a bit of a social media break.

Anywhoo... Enough of my problems... So here we are in the final few hours of autumn 2020... To be fair, and from a personal perspective it hasn't been a bad autumn. 😊

September gave us that last taste of summer which I always like. 

October, although it started off a bit wetter than I'd have liked, was pretty much spot on for me, plus there were some absolutely stunning autumn colours on the trees this year. 🍁🍂😊

November has been a right ole misty foggy month.  Now I know lots of you see this on a regular basis, (or not see as the case may be) but where I live mist and fog can be hit and miss... But with having lost my Dad earlier this year for some reason I have found the dull, grey foggy days really rather comforting... If that makes any sense? 🌫️🌫️🌫️😊

So from me, farewell autumn 2020, you will be missed... Or should that be mist? 😂

• Like 1
    Posted

Goodbye Autumn 2020, weatherwise can't say it is likely to leave a mark, what an uninspiring season, but perhaps a saving grace given all the other issues going on.  Highlight probably end September and early October, chilly with lengthy sunny dry periods and early frost. The period from mid October until late November very tedious and exceptionally dull. Thankfully we've been spared much in the way of excessive rain, its been a wet autumn, but no major flooding or rainfall events. Once again though very little in the way of storms or gales, absolutely nothing.

Posted
  • Location: Solihull, WestMidlands, 121m asl -20 would be nice :-)
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
  • Location: Solihull, WestMidlands, 121m asl -20 would be nice :-)

Just a ramp that’s all 🥴🙏

5071F3D2-4295-4CD5-9194-498461FB66BA.thumb.png.02e10db125d88820e7eb9a928f818ee0.png

Posted
    33 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Just a ramp that’s all 🥴🙏

5071F3D2-4295-4CD5-9194-498461FB66BA.thumb.png.02e10db125d88820e7eb9a928f818ee0.png

Not my cup of tea! The model thread is all very alien to me with all the wishing for cold and snow at the moment, I can't think of anything I'd want less during these times when a holiday in the warmth and sunshine is further away than ever due to the pandemic!

• Like 1
    Posted

Highs of just THREE on Friday for me in Essex, sleet now beign forecasted basically all day. Next few days also looking about 4-5C. Very cold. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow!

Sorry for my boring complains earlier this month but what I assumed it is now confirmed.

350YLsSJG0fUC0BHRooGuQBdwEpgZHUzY6hCq8Mc
    WWW.NRK.NO

På Torungen fyr i Arendal har det aldri vært en varmere november siden målinger startet i 1867. Det samme gjelder flere andre steder i...

Here it has never been so hot in November.
    At Torungen lighthouse in Arendal, it has never been a warmer November since measurements started in 1867. The same applies to several other places in the country.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Its strange that I recorded my coldest temp of the autumn in September.  0.7c. The second half of the autumn was forgetful and what a dreary November.  No airfrosts.