Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

This October has now become the wettest month I have ever recorded, beating last October. Currently at 195.4mm with more to come!

my precip guess was 210mm I think, not going to be far off,

First post this october has been very average in every way temperatures wind and rainfall although I just had to take a look at that its been surprisingly wetter that what it seems but theres been no floods this season yet after the crazy wet autumn it was last year.

As for halloween it does look very mild and pretty wet I hope not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
39 minutes ago, Premier Neige said:

I think last October was colder wasn't it?

From my stats, 1st-27th October 2019 averaged 9.9°C. 1st-27th October 2020 has averaged 9.8°C.

The last few days brought down the average last year, but there are two mild days coming this year so it will end up slightly milder in the end, but there's little in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

159.4mm here so far this month which isn't quite as much as many have had but it's still easily the wettest month I've recorded. 

Posted

Its going to end up being one of those Octobers that no-one will remember, its been devoid of anything notably interesting, thankfully no major storms, nothing especially mild or cold, though will end on a very mild note but not that unusual. Yes there has been some heavy rain in places more so NW Scotland and the next few days could bring localised flooding, but thankfully we are not in record breaking territory or anywhere near it.

Temperature wise the cooler first part to the month will be cancelled out by a much milder latter end.

Not much frost or fog, and pretty dull.

Move on October 2020..

• Like 2

Posted

I notice there's quite a lot of rain forecast for Western and North Western areas. What's it look like for the Calder Valley in particular regarding flood risk? Thanks

Edited by Josh Rubio

Posted
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Its going to end up being one of those Octobers that no-one will remember, its been devoid of anything notably interesting, thankfully no major storms, nothing especially mild or cold, though will end on a very mild note but not that unusual. Yes there has been some heavy rain in places more so NW Scotland and the next few days could bring localised flooding, but thankfully we are not in record breaking territory or anywhere near it.

Temperature wise the cooler first part to the month will be cancelled out by a much milder latter end.

Not much frost or fog, and pretty dull.

Move on October 2020..

Ah far from it my wettest month I’ve ever recorded in my central part of London record breaking, never known anything like it puts early 2014 to shame here.

75B2CEEE-8FA6-44CB-94DC-08A4D4CD1614.thumb.jpeg.5cdc3694633f9e299deda36cdb2ca921.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Today was quite decent actually. Quite a pleasant, soft glow from the sun showing off those red-orange hues quite starkly; sunny weather not really being an experience we've had much of over this past month!

Posted
3 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Today was quite decent actually. Quite a pleasant, soft glow from the sun showing off those red-orange hues quite starkly; sunny weather not really being an experience we've had much of over this past month!

Yes not a bad day overall, chill in the air and some brief sunny spells inbetween the short lived heavy showers. Suspect by Sunday most of the leaves will be stripped bare, here given the upcoming heavy rains and wind.. 

Posted
53 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Yes not a bad day overall, chill in the air and some brief sunny spells inbetween the short lived heavy showers. Suspect by Sunday most of the leaves will be stripped bare, here given the upcoming heavy rains and wind.. 

The Lime trees down my street are almost bare, but there's one tree in my front garden that still has a full compliment of almost completely green leaves still, and they don't completely disappear until early December.

Posted

I really hope we get a beast from the east this winter, last two winters here had absolutely zero snow at all.... first two in a row that was the case. We do well here out of easterlies.

Posted

Another dismal wet day here, such a depressing month in every aspect. The wettest month I have recorded was February this year, only started my weather station 3 years ago though. Be interesting to see if this month will beat it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I’ve only got 4 years of data and this month has easily beaten the previous wettest month. In fact it had already beaten the previous record by mid month with plenty more rain since then. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

Well October was a pile of crap in my part of Sussex. Rain rain rain rain rain dull dull dull dull dull. Another month with several 12-24 hour rainfests and lights-on-all-day days. To make it even more crap, the weekend wet weather bias seems to be kicking in, this is going to be the third consecutive weekend being mostly wet or at least very unsettled, with Sunday looking to be another full day of rain. It has gone like last year, roaring zonality with almost no high pressure. Sadly November looks to be starting in a similar manner, having the sunny days in the week when I am working ☹️. The final clearing up on the allotment will have to wait a bit longer. What makes it worse it wee might have another four months of this if we have another +ve AO/NAO dominated winter, just what I need to look forward too when faced with the prospect of not being able to visit my family over Christmas.

Edited by al78

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I would say that the rainfall for this month (in my neck of the woods anyway) has been fairly close to average. It probably only feels like it's been a particularly wet month because we haven't really had many noticeably wet days since February. Spring was remarkably dry, summer was dry most of the time, and September was rather dry.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers

Still around only 71mm in Dublin (not counting today's light rainfalls) which is below the October average of 79mm and October is the wettest month of the year on average. 

On 111.2 hrs of sun, it has been sunnier than both July and August. Only in Ireland is a (relatively) late autumn month sunnier than high summer... hasn't been exceptionally sunny either by any means. October 2018 and 2019 were both sunnier. 

Judging by this sunshine map, Ireland has certainly gotten on better this October than the UK! Not often it is twice as sunny here as London 

sums.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Certainly looks like this October could be the wettest since 2000 here by the end of the month, as it'll no doubt surpass last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Bedroom windows open,fans on.....13/14c night in back end of October. Awful weather.

Posted
On 27/10/2020 at 19:26, Summer Sun said:

After today's rain the skies have cleared here in Darlington

DSCN0008.thumb.jpg.e556828c56aab4662c5b810ab21f99b3.jpg

That's the Moon isn't it, not Darlington?!  Ok, I'll fetch my coat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Certainly shockingly bad weather for this time of the season, high humidity, far far to mild and heavy skies. The worst spell we've had so far this Autumn by far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
39 minutes ago, markyo said:

Certainly shockingly bad weather for this time of the season, high humidity, far far to mild and heavy skies. The worst spell we've had so far this Autumn by far.

Not unusual at all though. 20th October to 10th November has been the most common window for long draw southwesterlies since I started records. Better now than in winter. Keep your eyes on mid next week - much better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1