Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

one good thing about where i live in Canada there are no wasps to worry about..trade off though unfortunately are mosquitoes which are way more annoying than any wasps as they deliberately go out of there way to find you and suck on your blood..good news in Autumn is they all die at the first frost 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
5 minutes ago, Zak M said:

I must be one of the few people on here that isn't looking forward to Autumn nor Winter!

Thing is, I like the idea of autumn/ winter if they turn out how you hope; sadly, frequently they're nothing of the sort - and end up grey, wet, windy & miserable. There was a thread last year about what we like/dislike about winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
11 minutes ago, Zak M said:

I must be one of the few people on here that isn't looking forward to Autumn nor Winter!

I've kinda got used to it since June lol so it won't be such a shock to the system. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, HafrenLMP1 said:

Thing is, I like the idea of autumn/ winter if they turn out how you hope; sadly, frequently they're nothing of the sort - and end up grey, wet, windy & miserable. There was a thread last year about what we like/dislike about winter. 

That's right. Winter can be really boring in this country, especially Southern England.

The lack of snow and clear cold days is an issue. If its a dry winter, i'll be happy. Wind and rain  is depressing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I do look forward to winter closer to the time, not in August. A lot of the last few years have hardly been interesting though which makes looking forward to winter that bit more difficult. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Really looking forward to autumn and winter. Hope they're both nice and cold.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
3 hours ago, Zak M said:

I must be one of the few people on here that isn't looking forward to Autumn or Winter!

i like autumn but winter sucks here so not looking forward to that 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

i like autumn but winter sucks here so not looking forward to that 

winter sucks here too, mostly wind and rain, maxes between 8-12 all winter

Posted

Yes, the issue with UK winters in the south is lack of variety and basically 8 months of today's weather. Wet, dark and disgusting.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Yes, the issue with UK winters in the south is lack of variety and basically 8 months of today's weather. Wet, dark and disgusting.

Yeah, and some people seem to love that weather. Can't think why.

A return to the poor summer conditions of 2020 unfortunately, despite the nights still feeling warm. Too many cloudy days in the last few. I'm already missing the sunshine. Ok, so it doesn't need to be 30 plus degrees, but  a few weeks of 24-27c wouldn't go a miss.

Posted

Very heavy rain now in SW London. Will freshen everything up. Been a while since we had proper rain. Looks like we are gentle slipping into autumn. Summer 2020,you wont be missed. 

Posted

First visually autumnal day today. Very dark, lights on and persistent rain. More like late September onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

In my opinion there’s nothing better than Waking up to the sound of the pitter patter of rain outside the window, love it. 

• Like 2

Posted
47 minutes ago, Freeze said:

In my opinion there’s nothing better than Waking up to the sound of the pitter patter of rain outside the window, love it. 

Not in the middle of August. This crap could at least wait until mid September. 

Today's weather is one major aspect of what I hate about living in the UK.

Posted
50 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Not in the middle of August. This crap could at least wait until mid September. 

Today's weather is one major aspect of what I hate about living in the UK.

Especially in August, doesn’t happen often in the summer months here so I cherish it even more. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's all personal preference of course! I quite like that sound of rain on the window... if it then clears to a bright, sunny, breezy day. That kind of autumn day is very much one I can get on with. But one like today, with hours and hours of non-stop rain and it never really getting light... you're welcome to as much as you want of that!

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers

Going by how little sunshine this summer has had in Ireland, it might as well be winter. At least won't be looking at low lying cloud for 16 hours a day.

As for autumn, well just hopefully it's better than the last one. 2018 was perfect for me up until the dreadful November.

Edited by BruenSryan

Posted
1 hour ago, Freeze said:

Especially in August, doesn’t happen often in the summer months here so I cherish it even more. 

It happens more often in summer months than some would like to admit.

I can remember plenty recent summers with a number of days like this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
19 hours ago, Zak M said:

I must be one of the few people on here that isn't looking forward to Autumn or Winter!

No you're not, I dread when it is winter because how depressing the weather is here nowadays, autumn can be a mix of warmth or cold so i can't really hate it but winter can be skipped if there is not actually wintery weather 

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It happens more often in summer months than some would like to admit.

I can remember plenty recent summers with a number of days like this.

You only have to look at the shoreham observatory station which is literally less than half a mile away from me to find that there are very few days in the summer months that record more than 1mm of rain. I personally think summer rainfall is getting less and less each year where I am, which is why I don’t mind days like this. I wouldn’t want this on most days, just every now and then. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
19 hours ago, Zak M said:

I'm not really, 6 months of dull 10 degree weather, no thanks, used to look forward to winter when we could guarantee snow in 90's

• Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I'm not really, 6 months of dull 10 degree weather, no thanks, used to look forward to winter when we could guarantee snow in 90's

We weren’t guaranteed snow in the 90s.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Freeze said:

You only have to look at the shoreham observatory station which is literally less than half a mile away from me to find that there are very few days in the summer months that record more than 1mm of rain. I personally think summer rainfall is getting less and less each year where I am, which is why I don’t mind days like this. I wouldn’t want this on most days, just every now and then. 

Fair comment, as long as it’s very infrequent then I quite enjoy a day of heavy frontal rainfall. It’s peps up plantlife much better than any hosepipe. Would rather the rainfall came from proper thunderstorms, though!

• Like 1